Saturday, December 26, 2020

Getting In the Mood (vol. 12)

 



Christmas has come and yes, it ended up being a white Christmas. Very white. Snow started falling here on Christmas Eve around 5:30 PM and as I post this at 11:30 PM Christmas night it hasn't stopped. Right now we are getting 2 inches of snow a hour. Luckily it's 2020-COVID times and we don't have to go anywhere, so tomorrow will be filled with watching Movies/Shows, playing games, eating and relaxing.

As for my mood, the snow falling helped last night, along with our traditional Christmas Eve snacks, watching Christmas movies, a couple Holiday Beers and then doing my job as Santa. Setting up the presents under the tree, a surprise gift for my wife, filling the stockings, moving the Elves, (we have three Elf on the Shelf with three Elf pets) eating the cookies, drinking the milk, putting the carrots for the Reindeer back in the fridge. I put our big dog to bed, the little one followed me up to bed, snuggled with me as I softly put on Christmas music to fall asleep to. I was feeling very Christmassy.

Morning came quickly, and we gathered  around the tree to open presents. "A Christmas Story playing on the TV in the background. The kids were very happy. They all still have another present coming. Each of the kids have a gift stuck somewhere in transit as FedEx, UPS, and the USPS have all gotten slammed even harder this holiday season. The dogs were happy. The wife was happy, as was I. 

We ate early. I made Ham and Lamb Chops with a couple sides. My wife baked homemade rolls and I made a whipped Honey Butter to have with them. The wife and I snuck off for a quickie.  We watched "Wonder Woman 1984." It was a great day. We are very lucky. I won't get into the bad news of the day or the politics and crap that has gone on. I turned much of that off today. But it reminds me, I'm lucky. My family is lucky.

Today's song is an easy one. It was popping in my head all day. I felt it all day. I felt good, all day. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."




Good ole, Andy Williams.

Here's a bonus song for you. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from Birdy. I hope you do. It's 2020 and all screwed up, Christmas doesn't have to end tonight. Enjoy how ever you can, as long as you can.




Merry Christmas!

No comments: