Thursday, December 24, 2020

Getting In the Mood (vol. 11.)

 


Christmas Eve! All the gifts are wrapped. We've decorated home baked ornaments. I made a Chewbacca Gingerbread man/Wookie, my son made Sans (from Undertale) gingerbread man. my daughter made a few snowmen and did a handprint and heart. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip is in the Crockpot and Hanky-Pankies are prepped for Christmas Eve junk food eating and movie watching fun. If you are asking, Hanky-Pankies are ground meat, sage sausage, sautéed with some herbs and spices, then drain the grease. Mix in Velveeta cheese. Spoon onto party ryes. Freeze them. Then when you want to smash some, heat them up in the oven at 350 degrees for maybe ten minutes. Have a nice Christmas Ale with them. I recommend Lake Erie Brewing Company's Christmas Ale or Troeges Mad Elf Ale.

Honestly, my feeling is Christmas Eve is better than Christmas Day. Yes I love seeing the kids excited and them & my wife happy with their gifts and getting together with family...normally, but not this year. But Christmas Eve has the build up. It's great family time. Christmas wouldn't be nearly as fun if it wasn't for Christmas Eve. And I'm wasting too much time doing this, so lets get to the song.

This is my favorite Christmas song. I think it's the most underrated one out there. It doesn't get nearly enough air-play. Maybe I'm biased because it's from my youth, but this song says what Christmas is about. It's about Love and being with the people we love.

Billy Squier's "Christmas Is a Time to Say I Love You."




Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: