Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Getting In the Mood (vol. 2)

 


Today, I'm still not feeling super Christmassy. I blew some money at the Hallmark store and hit the liquor store, but I'm not quite there yet. Still haven't gotten my snow either and the news of the day doesn't help. The news every day doesn't help my mood much, but there was something that I just learned that didn't help the mood. Not national or worldwide news, just in my personal orbit about people I care about. Sending love back to a number of people in Cleveland. 

Today we are going to do a two-for because they short songs, and fuck it, it's my blog. First, Phoebe Bridgers (featuring Fiona Apple and Matt  Berninger : "7 O'clock News/Silent Night"



Yes I said we were going to do a two-for and I'm staying in the same vibe with number two and sticking with Phoebe Bridgers who is so good at setting that vibe. Next up is her "Christmas Song"...Don't expect some Nat King-Cole or Johnny Mathis shit.




I hope you enjoy them. Maybe tomorrow I'll give you something a little more traditional.

No comments: