Sunday, May 30, 2010

Monday Moaning


This week we'll start where we should...It's Memorial Day, and the only reason many of us aren't at work, and taking the kids to a parade, and firing up the grill, and knocking back some beers with friends and family, is because of the brave men and women who have served our country, and far too many lost their lives...So take a moment to stop and think of them...Think of their families that don't get to spend this day with them...And be thankful for the life you have...If you see a veteran, shake their hand, let them know you're thankful...

I want to share a clip from the show, "The West Wing"...Martin Sheen had better speech writers then anyone...While the storyline doesn't have anything to do with Memorial Day, I think it works anyways, and it fits where we are as a country...



Now, I will move on to much less important things...First, Phillies, pitcher Roy Halladay threw the 20th perfect game in MLB history on Saturday night, as the Phillies beat the Marlins 1-0...Gotta suck if you're Marlins pitcher Josh Johnson, who pitched seven innings, with 6 strikeouts, and 0 earned runs...Oddly, I don't give a shit about Halladay's perfect game...Maybe because it was Hallady, and he's a great pitcher...When Dallas Braden did it just a couple weeks ago, it was exciting, it was fun, and it was against a really good team (Tampa Bay)...Maybe it's just 'cause I hate Philly!

Speaking of Philly, Saturday Night the Stanley Cup Finals started...In the battle which goalie could suck more...Philly won that part, as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Flyers 6-5...For years now the NHL has been trying to get the goal scoring up...This series may be the marketing gold they've been looking for, because neither of these two teams wanted to play defense Saturday...The rest of the series should be interesting...

In our HOLY F**KING SHIT MOMENT of the week, we have Indians pitcher David Huff, taking an A-Roid line drive off the head...



The ball went off his head and into right field! Indians 1st baseman Matt Laporta said, "I panicked, I didn't know if I should go for him or the ball."
Surprisingly Huff is okay...He was released from the Hospital the same day...Cat scans were negative...

In the NBA, the Finals have been set...The Celtics and the Lakers...The league's second choice, after LeBron and the Cavaliers shit the bed...Predictions have started, and I'll go with this one I saw on twitter...

"MrRaineMaida: so there it is....lakers/celtics...i can feel kobe stressin!!! boston in 6!"

This leads to my next topic...I've been enjoying twitter this week...All the celebrity douche bags come out of the woodwork when some one dies...And they were going strong when the news of Gary Coleman's passing broke...The douche-baggery was making me sick, until I saw, Opie from the Opie & Anthony Show just blasting these dolts...He's been beating on Ashton Kutcher all week for his douche bag tweets, but Friday he was killing it!

"OpieRadio: Question @aplusk(Kutcher) Were you a fan of his dwarfism, his weak kidneys, the fact that he had NO money when he died or his loneliness?"

"Opie Radio: Hey @janetjackson You can at least take solace in the fact that Michael will have a knee for the little fella to sit on."

"OpieRadio: Hey @paulaabdul you slur-ring space cadet! He had no family! He hated his own parents. Don't you have a cartoon to dance with?"

Even jesus got in on the fun...Yes people, jesus tweets...

"jesus: Was sent a tip to remind Michael Jackson that Gary Coleman is not a child."

And I can't forget Kenny Powers take on Gary Coleman's death...

"KFUCKINGP: Can't believe that little black kid died. Guess that deal with the devil to stay young forever didn't fucking pan out too well."

Sadly Gary got upstaged Saturday by Denis Hopper...But don't worry big guy, that's the only mention I'll give that old hippy!

Those were some good tweets...I just pimp blogs, and tweet goofy shit like this...

"TheBeeze34: Is it wrong that I want to squeeze one off as I watch @maddow sexually dominate @secupp while @andylevy and @JimNorton do the play-by-play?"

Okay, enough of the twitter nonsense...

After finding out we were going to have another child I started doing some serious thinking...This wasn't in the plans...We're kinda restarting with this baby thing...I was looking to get some perspective...So I pulled out a couple of old books...

The first was "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac...I don't know why, maybe just because some people love this book, and some people hate it...The first time I tried to read it, I was bored and thought it was crap, and never finished it...I thought, 'why not give it another try?' I get why people like it, and I get why people don't...I'm still undecided...That's because I was also mixing in, "The Expectant Father"...Essential reading for a new dad, and I felt I may need a refresher course...

Then I got Jay Mohr's "No Wonder My Parents Drank"...The wife had pre-ordered it months ago, before we even knew about this new bundle of joy...I have to say, it's Jay Mohr's book that seems to be helping the most...Yeah, he's famous, but he's a regular guy...They way he writes about being a father, is how I feel...Thoughts he's had, I've had...I'll be honest, I've been trying to make myself feel good about this...Push myself to be excited...Now, after only half of Mohr's book, I am excited...And I feel like I can do even better with this kid...How can I do worse then I have with the little Beeze...Kid copying every swear word I say, running around with his pants down, describing his little boner, "Look at my pee pee...It's huge!" Third time's a charm, RIGHT?

That's all for now gang...Have a safe and peaceful Memorial Day...



Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

"McSpazz" said...

Beeze, great stuff as usual.

Twitter is very amusing as you said the so-called famous people come out to mourn the youngest Drummond.

I'm positive you and the misses we'll be fine and raise another great kid. If the Little Beeze was any other way I would be worried. My little guy does the same thing and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Have a great week and thanks for the heads up on the Mohr book. It's going on the reading to-do list.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks McSpazz!