Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scary How Little Has Changed in 30 Years


There are very few cable news shows I still watch...But on occasion you can actually find some real news...One of the best in my opinion is The Rachel Maddow Show...Yes, she is on the uber-lefty MSNBC, but she is more then willing to jump all over liberals, including the PRESIDENT, when they are out right lying, or just being dumb...So for that, her honesty, and her intelligence, I enjoy watching her show...

Last night on her show I learned that in the 30 plus years since an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, back in 1979, nothing has changed...We are not prepared at all for a major oil spill...Watch, it's f**king scary!




I would have to assume that a major factor in this, is that we don't police oil companies...We have let them done whatever they want, and now we are gonna pay for it, in more ways then one...We're also letting them take charge of the cleanup...How about they pay for it, and we get somebody who has a clue on how to fix these problems...


Throughout this post, I keep saying we...I have nothing to do with the oil business except for a customer...I'm not a member of any oversight committee...I f**king should be! I keep using we, because it's time for us to start calling out our elected officials...It's time for them to stop lining their pockets, and start doing the job they were elected to do...These dolts work for us...They don't see it that way anymore...We have to make them see it...

I'm the Beeze, and I approve this message!

2 comments:

bdubsmitty said...

You're exactly right dude - if the pricks would stop pointing fingers at one another and quit passing the buck, maybe they would be able to figure out what to do to solve the problem.

It is time our elected officials start making the oil companies accountable for what they do, instead of turning their heads as their pockets are filled with cash.

The only solution: remove all of them for office and replace them with people who actually know what they're doing.

I'm available and ready to serve...

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

You're in B-Dub! Yes people, I'm accepting applications for cabinet positions!