Monday, May 10, 2010

The President Had His Say, Now I'll Have Mine


I had heard some talk about this on the radio today...But I like to be well informed...So of course I got online and starting searching the STORY ...Clearly by that link I found it!

So President Obama gave his two cents...Now I'll give mine...In the past I've supported him on issues...Others I haven't...I won't be supporting him on this...Why? Because he comes off as a ass! The opening of the article was all I need to be pissed...

"US President Barack Obama, in his latest criticism against modern media, expressed grief Sunday that in the era of iPads and Xboxes, information had become a diversion that was placing new stresses on democracy."

What!?! Now information is a bad thing!?!

While speaking to the graduating students at Hampton University, The President told them "the key to progress is education." Yet he also said, "You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter.”"

Heaven forbid we be exposed to more the one view point...God knows I'm not gonna go with just what FOX News and MSNBC say...Because if MSNBC said the sky was blue, FOX would say it was red...If FOX said MSNBC was right, they'd say they were wrong! So yes Mr. President, those of us who try to stay informed will seek out more then one side of the story...

The President feels blogs and radio shows sharing their thoughts and opinions, puts "new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy," Why? Because their view differs from yours...Because it may cause some one to think...Because they may have to click another link to try and get the whole story...If I can find a blog knocking you, I can find one praising you, and I know to take them both with a grain of salt...The President thinks so highly of the American people, that he doesn't think we can handle information from more then just the stupid cable news outlets...

Another thing that makes President Obama sound like a dolt to me on this topic...His campaign was so deeply rooted in technology, and getting the word out any and all ways...He started a TWITTER account...They started the WhiteHouse Twitter account...So clearly, it's okay when it works in his favor...But if it isn't, then it's bad!

Well Mr. President, it's official...You're a real politician, because you're acting like a f**king child!

I agree with President Obama on the importance of education...

I also agree with Thomas Jefferson's thoughts that, America can only work if each of us stays informed and engaged, if we hold our government accountable, if we fulfill the obligations of citizenship...So I'll keep my technology, so I can keep tabs on President Obama and all the other untrustworthy politicians in this country.

Later The Beeze.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny. Normally I side step the political chatter out there. My reasoning for this is I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion... who am I to judge? Its not that I feel my opinion is WRONG is just that, when you involve things like politics (just to name one), it's like sex.

Everyone has their favorite position and if you don't like it - you're the jackass.

But I'm gonna say this, I think the comment was taken out of context.
What I mean is, you're right, his campaign was built on this "media" age we live in and I feel it still is (I follow him on twitter) but what I feel Obama was saying is that there are TOO many cooks in the kitchen.

I will also admit that I don't watch local news and if I do listen to the radio for news it's NPR in the morning (which I haven't heard since my son was born) or AP network news on the hour (I listen to it on a college radio station). I don't listen to the other stations news and I refuse to watch things like CNN or MSNBC and especially FOX because they're all ratings.

Once again, like you said, one station says the sky is blue so the other yells red - and in the end we can't tell what the effin hell is going on.

When you're just a kid (and 22 is just a kid) there is so much rolling around in that old head of yours. Having news media scream at you to believe what they want you to believe can be so consuming in the end you just burn out and then have no opinion of your own.

Most people aren't like you Beeze - they want the answers, not the footwork that will lead them to it.

Thomas Jefferson (or TJ as I refer to him, lovingly, at home) is one of my most favorite men to have ever lived. He also said that when you find yourself at the end of a rope you should tie a knot and just hang in there.

I think education and information is power, but too much in the hands of someone who doesn't know what to think is worse than an old ignorant fool.

Great post! Thanks for making me think.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Politics does turn into a touhy subject often...But I don't see this as politics...I see it more as a politician, who talked about having hope, and faith in the American people, when he was running for office, turning around and saying he doesn't have that same hope...

I know many people don't do the research that I and others do...I know people get lazy and take the quick fix...But I have hope that one day they'll pull their heads out of their asses, and do it...

I understand the too many cooks in the kitchen thought, but the President use to praise technology, and all that we can do with it...(like run a political campaign) That it gave everyone a voice...I love that everyone has the ability to expres their thoughts and views, even if I think they're dolts!

I voted for him, and honestly, for the most part I've been disappointed so far...He sold hope, not just in him, but in us...To me this came across as he lacks hope in us...I do enough of that for everyone already!

"TJ as I refer to him." LMAO!

Glad to make you think, and thanks for returning the favor!

Next time we should do this at Sullivans!

Unknown said...

Tell me when and I'm there!!

Oh and I miss quoted! The knot comment was FDR! But TJ has many I also love.