Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Beeze Reviews Johnny's Bar

That folks, is what I had for dinner Saturday Night! That is the Long Bone Veal Chop, Pounded, Breaded & Baked...Topped with Tomato Coulis, Arugula and Balsamic Vinaigrette...And it was amazing...

The wife had decided to take me out for a nice dinner for my birthday...Read my PREVIOUS_POST for the Birthday recap...She told me to pick, so I decided on JOHNNY'S_BAR...It's kinda stupid to call the place a bar...Bars don't usually put out this type of food...I've always just called it Johnny's on Fulton...One of the few gems you'll find on Fulton road in Cleveland...

To start, I went simple, getting the Mozzarella Marinara...Don't be fulled...This isn't some bullshit Mozz sticks like TGI Fridays...this is quality Mozzarella, with Cleveland's best Marinara sauce...The Mrs. is real picky when it comes to red sauce...Johnny's is so good, we bought to jars to go!

She started with the Bacon wrapped scallops...How can you go wrong there...Well, she actually was a little disappointed...The scallops were small, and each was totally encased in bacon...She felt the bacon over-powered the flavor of the scallops...

Then we had house salads...Fine...Salads, nothing special...I was drinking Great Lakes Brewing Company's Oktoberfest...(yes, that's how they spell it)...She was drinking a Riesling...I don't know shit about wine, except to keep pouring it down her throat!

Then she had one of the specials...A 14ounce strip steak, thinly sliced, served medium-rare, topped with sweet onions, and mushrooms, in a demi glace...With aged cheddar and pancetta mashers...The steak was so moist, and tender...It melted in your moth...She thought they could ease up on the sauce, but she loved it...

As I said, I had the Long Bone Veal...Talk a about flavorful...Sorry folks, but baby cow tastes great...And it was so tender, I was cutting it with my fork...The tomatoes, arugula, and balsamic worked so well with the veal and the breading...It's a can't miss dish, only made better being served over top of Johnny's house specialty, au gratin potatoes...

For desert, The Mrs. has the Raspberry Cheesecake...Holy huge slice! I had the Bananas Foster...Rum, Bananas, and Ice Cream...Hard to screw up, and they didn't...We finished the evening there with coffee...Nice, bold, brew...

Now, this all sounds great, and it was...But it was an expensive evening...Drinks, all four course, coffee, two jars of sauce, and tip got us for over two hundred bucks...Considering how little we go out, and how good it was...I'm okay with the price...

Then we headed home...My goal, get the kids to bed...Watch Notre Dame beat the hell out of Purdue, and squeeze in some halftime sex! Birthday weekend rules!

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: