Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm Sick of All This Pink In My Sports


I'm pretty sure this post won't be popular, but hey, when have I cared about that? Let me make it clear before I get into this...I AM NOT PRO-BREAST CANCER! I love breasts too damn much for that! I'm not Pro-Cancer in any form...That would just be stupid...Okay...

Now, remember the good old days when you could watch hockey, and a goalie wearing blue and orange wasn't wearing pink pads...First of all, from fashion view point, it looks awful! Second, I'm kinda tired of the "Look at Me, I care factor."

Just like all those fucking "Livestrong" rubber bracelets..."Look at me, I spent 4 dollars on a rubber band, and 1 dollar goes to cancer research." You're such a hero! Those stupid things have become a fashionable thing, to make people feel good about themselves...Such a fad, that people have been selling them on ebay at a large mark-up, and of course, not giving any to cancer research...

And for the last few years, every October is filled with pink, for Breast Cancer Awareness...From high school to the NFL, players have pink gloves, pink towels, pink tape on their ankles, pink everything...


I'm not against breast cancer awareness...But, umm, it's 2011...I'm fucking aware! And if you need the Steelers' date-raping, quarterback, to wear a pink wristband, and pink towel to make you aware of it, you're an asshole!

And when a high school football player is wearing pink tape on his ankles, none of the money he spent on that tape went to cancer research...College Football players wearing, pink gloves...Guess what...They didn't pay for them...Nike or Adidas or whatever company the school has a contract with, just gives them that shit...Now maybe those companies throw cancer research a bone, but I doubt it's much, if anything...How about when you're at your local team shot ladies, and you buy a pink jersey...You ever ask how much goes to cancer research?

None! Unless what you are buying is marked that a percentage is going to cancer research, the answer is none...It's just people making a buck off of the "Look, I care, I'm aware" fad...Capitalism at it's finest...Pulling at your heart-strings, and pulling at your wallet...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: