Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Beeze's College Football Post Game Show

Yeah, this isn't your normal wrap-up show here...No ESPN bullshit here...This is Beeze Style...

After celebrating my son's birthday, and drafting an excellent Fantasy Hockey, I settled in for an evening of College Football...I was excited about all the games on at prime-time...Alabama vs. Florida...Iowa vs. Penn State...Oregon vs. Stanford...And of course, my Fighting Irish vs. Boston College...

But first...

Michigan State ruined ruined my preseason prediction of Wisconsin being the top team in the country...Early on it was back and forth, but the Spartans pulled away and never looked back, winning 34-24...I'm sure they were inspired by their coach, Mark Dantonio being re-admitted into the hospital, after a blood clot was found in his leg earlier this week...

Staying in the Big-Ten...Now that Penn State is 3-2, can we please get their overrated asses out of the Top-25...


Sorry sugar, but you just got pounded by Iowa 24-3, and you looked as bad as you did against Alabama...And let's be honest, The Hawkeyes could have made you look worse...

I was really looking forward to the Oregon, Stanford game...Both these teams have looked really good...It looked like it was going to be a real shootout, with the score at halftime being, Stanford 31, Oregon 24...But after halftime Oregon took control, shutdown the Stanford offense, and hammered away on the Cardinal...Final score, Oregon 52, Stanford 31...

Now onto the Irish...After the way things have gone this season, I was really nervous about this one...But the Irish came out strong with a balanced attack and took a commanding lead...First QB Dayne Crist scored on a 7 yard run...Then he connected with TE Kyle Rudolph on 2 yard pass on a bootleg...Next he hit WR Theo Riddick with a 20 yard TD strike...

All in the first quarter...With 19 seconds left in the quarter, BC got on the board with a58 yard TD pass... In the second quarter BC added 2 field goals, and Irish kicker, David Ruffer knocked through his 13th field goal of the season...

The only score of the second half was a 2 yard TD run by Armando Allen, that made the final score, Notre Dame 31, BC 13...

The Offense was inconsistent after the first quarter...The Defense played well, but from what I saw, Boston College is not that good...You always think of BC having, if nothing else, a good offensive line...Not this year...The Irish front seven had no problem, holding the Eagles to just 5 yards rushing...I was happy about the win, but I'm not going crazy...Like I said, BC just isn't that good...

Next up, a game I didn't watch at all, except for the very end...Washington beat USC 32-31 with a last second field goal...I don't really care much about this, except that I hate USC!

Last, the big SEC match up...Alabama vs. Florida...I was expecting this to be a good one...Sadly, it wasn't...The Tide rolled all up in the Gators' asses, dominating them in a 31-6 victory! I have to say I enjoyed this...I'm not an Alabama fan, but I can't stand Florida!

But I'm a huge fan of this Southern Belle...




That's it for now...I'll see ya Monday...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: