Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Beeze's Hump Day Hits


Ahhh, the Hump Day Hits...Well other than T&A the main topic is going to be hits...The hits to the head that have been taking place in the NFL...I held back from this topic Monday, because I wanted to see how the NFL reacted, and I wanted to see how the talking head reacted...I also wanted to step back myself, because there were a couple that really pissed me off Sunday, and those hits have gotten little attention...

I don't know what has happened...When I was growing up, we were taught to tackle guys around the waist area...But more and more players are going high...But even worse is that they are leading with their helmets...I think the fact that we are a voyeuristic, and violent society has contributed to it...Big hits have become a focal point during highlight shows...So I'm sure guys think making a big hit will get them air-time...And they're right...

The first and worst hit of the week was Brandon Merriweather's shot to Todd Heap's head...



This hit was so bad, and so cheap, Belichick benched Merriweather...This wasn't the first time he's done this...The league needs to make an example of him...

Next is Dunta Robinson's hit on Desean Jackson...



While Robinson didn't blast Jackson in the head, he did lead with his own head...And not like we were taught when we were kids...I remember a coach saying to put my face mask in the QB's chest...Robinson put his head down and put the crown of the helmet into Jackson's upper body...

But the two hits that have me pissed, and both have gotten little attention, happened in the same game, and were delivered by the same player...First James Harrison put his head down and launched his head into the side of Josh Cribbs head...Later, he put his head down and went after Mohamed Massaquoi's head...



These are not the first two times Harrison has used his helmet as a weapon...He's done this before, and assholes just say he plays the game hard...Yeah he does, and he throws cheap-shots around whenever he can...You know what, to hell with fining him...To hell with suspending him...Sooner or later he's going o learn the hard way...Either some one is going even with with him or, he's going to injure himself...

You don't think so? Ask Eric LeGrand what happens when you lead with the crown of your helmet...He became paralyzed Saturday...




After seeing that, I worry about letting my son play football...Looks like I'm going to be coaching football soon...Some one has to start teaching kids not to lead with their head...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these hits and the whole topic of head-shots, and leading with the helmet, and the leagues reaction...Yes, They're talking about rule changes now...We all know football is a violent game, so should it there be changes?

Now it's time to lighten the mood...

This week we'll put a different spin on this...

Let's say you're going to meet Candice Swanepoel at the beach for a little quality Hump Day time...Which of these bathing suits would you most like to take off of her...


A.




B.




C.




D.




E.




Read and Respond...

Later, The Beeze

No comments: