Sunday, October 3, 2010

Monday Moaning


Yes dear, it's Monday and no one else is coming to help you...Just The Beeze!

So it's been a wild week...Your friendly, neighborhood Beeze turned 35 this past week, and even though I didn't the Gibson Trini-Lopez I wanted...The wife did surprise me with a Paul Westerberg, signature guitar...


Yep, the guitar room/man cave are also the play room...Then two days later, came the Little Beeze's birthday...Saturday at
PUMP_IT_UP with 15 kids going wild! I was fearing that I'd be pulling my hair out, but the kids were well behaved, and the staff was great...The even had a party coordinator who took care of everything, including taking notes of who got what gift for the kid...By the way, he got hooked up by friends,(parents) uncles, and grandparents...After that it was home to put shit together, and play...

Then I had my fantasy Hockey draft...When I finished I felt good about my team...I started telling the kids my roster, as I picked them, round by round...They didn't give a shit, so I started being more obnoxious about it...When I got to Nathan Horton of the Bruins, Little Beeze stopped me and said, "Wait, that guy you just said, he sucks, he's a bitch!" I was shocked and laughing, and said, "WHAT!" (like Mel Gibson) and he said, "He sucks, he's a bitch, he's an asshole!" Then I really started laughing! I know some people may not find this funny, but we thought it was hilarious, and you're just too uptight...The kid is funny as hell!

After all that it was time to get them to bed, and watch football...In case you missed it,
HERE'S my breakdown of this past weekend's college games...

A topic from the College Football world that popped up Sunday, and really pissed me off was that Boise State dropped from #3 to #4...I'm not saying Oregon isn't one of the top teams...I'm not saying they don't deserve to be #3...But how do you drop a team after they win 59-0...Yes it was a weak team, but they did what they had to do...While Ohio State had a tough time getting past Illinois...Now you know it's College Football season...The controversy is starting...

Now onto the Great White Hope, Peyton Hillis!


Yes, I said it, and no, you're not allowed to be offended...Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, and the fact of the matter is, most running backs in the NFL are black...Just as for many years now, most quarterbacks are white...It is what is...But the Cleveland Browns are shaking things up, and breaking down walls...With Hillis now starting at Halfback, and Seneca Wallace starting at QB...Both are winning over the fans, and I'll tell you what...I'm almost ready to go buy a Hillis jersey...Dude is a beast, and this week he rushed for over a 100 yards for the second week in a row...Last week he put up 144 on the Ravens...This may be no big deal to some people, but this is the Browns we're talking about!

Hillis was overshadowed in College at Arkansas, mainly lead blocking for Darren McFadden, and Felix Jones...In that time he racked up 2,624 all-purpose yards...Not bad! And now he's showing his game can translate to the NFL...So far he's put up 322 yards on the ground, 94 yards receiving, and 4 TD's...I'm loving the power running game I've been seeing the last couple weeks...I hope he can keep it up...



Before I get out of here, I want to close with a song...This goes out to some special friends of mine...




Have a great week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! ... and glad you survived Little Beeze's party. Did you invite his assistant principal?

Hillis seems to be the real deal. Gotta love hard runners. Your Browns outplayed my Bengals, who continue to be out of sorts.

On college football, surprised you didn't mention Tennessee's new 13-man defense.

On your fantasy hockey draft ... it's hell when your kid throws your own lines in your face.

Have a good week.

PS: Thanks for commenting on the baseball pundit.