Sunday, April 12, 2009

Monday Moaning

Well I hope everyone had a good Easter...It was a good one here at the Beeze household...After working a double Saturday night at the Fish House...I stopped a dive bar...Had a quick burger and a beer...Then I realized it would be an early wake up call with lots of sugar involved....So I headed home and started playing Easter Bunny...Which surprisingly...I'm not talking about anything Sexual...

I cracked open a Heineken...Turned on the NCAA Hockey National Championship game that I DVRed...And started hiding Easter Eggs...And stuffing jellybeans in my gob....About that hockey game...Miami (Ohio) took on Boston University...It was a great match up...Both teams are talented, and play a physical style of hockey...But looking at the talent...I thought BU would take it...At work I brought this up...One guy said..."Who the f*ck are you talking to?" Me being the only person they know who actually follows College Hockey...

During the evening the one manager and one of the servers were giving me updates...That wasn't gonna stop me from watching it though...Late in the game I was told Miami was 3-1 with 5 minutes to go...One of the guys in the kitchen...Who doesn't know a thing about hockey said..."It's over!"

A little while later, as we were breaking down the kitchen...The manager came back said..." I'm not gonna tell you what happens...Just watch the whole game." My first thought was...'Oh shit!'

With less then 2 minutes left BU scored and made it 3-2...Then with about 17 seconds left....BU tied it up...Overtime baby! Now it was late while I was watching this...And I had a few beers in me...But Somewhere around 12 minutes into the overtime The Terriers of Boston University scored the game winner on one of the flukiest goals I've seen...The puck was shot from the point...deflected...and flutter gently over the Miami Goaltender's (who was screened) shoulder...Poor kid didn't even see it...Congrats to both teams on great seasons...Congrats to BU's Matt Gilroy on winning the Hobey Baker Award (Hockey's Heisman)...And Congrats to the Terriers for winning it all!

It was a great game!

In other College Hockey news...And Notre Dame news...Fighting Irish goalie Jordan Pearce (yes The Hockey News that is how you spell his name...f*cking dolts)...Signed a two year NHL entry level contract with the Detroit Red Wings on Friday...Pearce made his professional debut Saturday for the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins...Pearce and the Griffins lost 5-2...He made 33 saves in the game...Two of the Peoria goals were scored by former Golden Domer Yan Stastny...Best of Luck to Jordan PEARCE...

Next let's move to the NHL...the playoff match-ups are set...

Here's what they look like....

In the Eastern Conference...#1 Boston Bruins vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #7 New York Rangers

#3 New JerseyDevils vs. #6 Carolina Hurricanes

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

In the Western Conference...San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Anaheim Ducks

#2 Detroit Red Wings vs. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets

#3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 St. Louis Blues

#4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #5 Calgary Flames

As most people know...I'm a New York Rangers fan...Unfortunately I don't see them going all the way...They have been too inconsistent all year...And Goalie Henrik Lundqvist can only carry them so far...Somebody has to score goals for the guy...I think the Boston Bruins will take the East...They have been solid all year...They have great goaltending in Tim Thomas...And they have a great mix of skill players, and grinders...


In the West...I'm rooting for the Columbus Blue Jackets...Can rookie Goalie Steve Mason continue to do what he's done all season...I'm not sure...But I hope he can...His ability to take over a game has been amazing... I'll also be interested in seeing how Blue Jackets star Rick Nash does in his crack at the playoffs...


Unfortunately for the Jackets...They open with the Detroit Red Wings...That's a hell of a test for your first time in the playoffs...

My pick to win the West...The San Jose Sharks...In the past they have faltered in the playoffs...But I think all the pieces are there now...the most important piece they have...Evgeni Nabokov...

So you heard it here first...the Stanley Cup Final will be Boston vs San Jose...What a bitch that travel schedule will be!

Moving on...Did ya hear...Baseball Season started...The Cleveland Indians didn't get the message until Sunday...When their 5th starter was the first one to give the team 6 innings...Hell he was the first to give them 5...Oh...and he helped them gt their first win...Way to go Tribe...I was starting to worry you would go 0 for April...

So I took little Beeze to the a park today...That seems to be our thing...Checkout a new park and see how many "in the way people" we can find...http://thebeezewax.blogspot.com/2009/04/fck-your-dogyoure-ahole.html

...Mrs. Beeze and our daughter were going to the Hannah Montana movie...There was no way I was putting up with that shit...http://thebeezewax.blogspot.com/2009/04/spongebob-vs-hannah-montana.html

So we're at this park...It was a nice...Very nice Neighborhood...But then I saw them...This couple...Two Dolts for the price of one...Both of them with that totally lost look in their eyes...Like walking and talking at the same time was a real bitch for them...I don't want to attack there kid...It's not his fault...This is just a public service message...If you know your spouse is one of those "in the way people"...and you think you may suffer from the same problem...Don't have kids...They're just starting out with two strikes against them...Much like the Cleveland Indians!

In closing, I'd like to say...Happy Anniversary to my Beautiful, Smart, Sexy, Amazing, Wife...8 Years ago...On Good Friday...April 13th...We were married in a Chapel at Niagra Falls....It was the smartest thing I ever did...And I am truly a lucky man...I don't know what she saw in me...And I don't know how she puts up with me...But thank God she does...I love you Mrs. Beeze!

Have a great week...

Later, The Beeze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a good easter beeze!! can never get enough jelly beans & beer ;0

Anonymous said...

Congratulations .... Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Beeze!

I feel for the players at Miami, but none for the rest of preppy elitists up in Oxford. 3-1 with a minute to go and lose?

I see a Boston-Detroit finals ... then again, I don't follow the NHL so what the heck do I know.

Seems like the park is a place to find inspiring posts!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks for reading...I almost Overdosed on jelly beans...Frank that hockey game was something else! And yeah, you can never count the Red Wings out...The park gives me so much joy...Yet so much anger!