Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Moaning

What the F*ck!?! The weekend is already over...That sucks...Well I guess I need to fire some shit off then...

The NFL Draft is over...I'll be honest...I watched a total of about 10 minutes of it...My weekend was not about me...Mrs. Beeze turned the BIG 4-0 this weekend...It was all about her...Any sports I saw...I had to sneak in quickly...Then catch Sports Center after she was asleep...

So, about this draft...How'd your team do? I heard a rumor the Jets fans didn't boo the shit out of their first pick...Well f*ckers...Thank the Cleveland Browns for trading with you!

To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the Browns draft...I've been reading up on their picks, and the players they got from the Jets...Let's face it...The Browns have a lot of holes to fill, and they did a hell of a job getting bodies to try and fill some holes, and hopefully make some sort of impact on the field...

You may not care, but here are the players the Browns picked up this weekend...

First in the trade with the Jets they got Abram Elam (S)...Kenyon Coleman (DE)...and Brett Ratliff (QB)

Their first pick (21 overall) was Alex Mack (C) from Cal...He was a 3 year starter who can also play guard...Versatility is good...So is depth...You can never have too many good O-linemen...

Pick 36 overall was Brian Robiskie (WR) Ohio St. I think he will do well...It may have been too high to pick him, but WR is a need, and he has a great football IQ...

Pick 50 overall was also a WR...Mohamed Massuquoi from Georgia...I'm not happy with this pick...The main reasons being...Rey Maualuga was still on the board...The brownies could use a good Linebacker...Second reason...LeSean McCoy was still on the board...We could use a back to play behind Jamal Lewis, and take over eventually...

Pick 52 overall was LB David Veikune from Hawaii...I really don't know much about him at all...

Round 4....pick 104 overall was LB Kaluka Maiva from USC...Lot of USC linebackers in this draft...This is the guy you heard the least about...

Round 6...pick 177 was DB Don Carey from Norfolk St.

Pick 191...another DB...Coye Francies from San Jose St. I think he may wind up being a good player...

Pick 195 was RB James Davis from Clemson...A little stat I found on him was...In 805 touches at Clemson...Only 2 fumbles...Not bad...More of a grinder...Not gonna be a feature back...

The Browns weren't flashy...But I'm hoping they come out looking smart...Like I said...The Browns have lots of holes to fill...This weekend they got some bodies...Let's hope some of them fit...

Now moving on...Let's go to Hockey...
-
The Washington Capitals have decided to nut up, and have forced a game 7 with the New York Rangers...
-

I am not happy about this...The Caps have a ton of momentum now...If the Rangers are going to win...Henrik Lunqvist is going to have to carry them...He will need to be perfect...I hope he can do it!

-
The Columbus Blue Jackets were swept by the Detroit Red Wings...I was really hoping to see the Jackets make some noise in the playoffs...They played hard and well...But the Wings know how to win in the playoffs...The Jackets took a big step this year, and will hopefully learn and grow from this...A few things that stood out to me in the series were...R.J. Umberger played great...This guy is a keeper...He brought a spark to this team that they have never had...

Also, Antoine Vermette played great...His stats may not show it...But he was playing non-stop, aggressive, two-way hockey, every shift...

The biggest thing I noticed was about rookie goaltender Steve Mason...Mason seemed to give up a lot of big rebounds that put him out of position for the follow up shot...That's the type of thing the Red Wings will take advantage of...

What else do we have this week...My D&T Fantasy Baseball team sucks big hairy balls...
-
Oh yes...Mrs. Beeze's B-day...We went to Erie PA...The hot-bed of entertainment that it is...She spent her teenage years there...Her parents are there...And many of her friends...So, that's where we went to celebrate...Saturday night we left the kids with the grandparents, and went out to dinner...I'll be posting a review of the great restaurant later this week...The food was great...The $45 worth of wine she drank was great also...I was feeling frisky...As I always do...I kept talking about going somewhere for a little bump session...When we went out to the parking lot...It was pitch black...She said..."We may as well do it here!" CAR SEX rules! I told her...If we're still f*cking in a car, in a dark lot...You're not old yet!

After Dinner we got together with some friends for a little while...I'm pretty sure some of them could smell the sex in the air...It was a warm evening...She hates when I share all this personal shit!

Now I know many of you look forward to reading if my son did something f*cked up each week...Like leaving a surprise shit somewhere...Well, we haven't found anything recently...Yes he had moments of being a pain in the ass this week...But that is just par for the course...When I stumble across whatever nightmare he has rolled up his sleeve...You'll be the first to know...

One final bit of sports...The Red Sox swept the Yankees at Fenway this weekend...That's just awesome...I guess the Yankees don't just suck at home...They suck on the road too!

Have a good week...

Later, The Beeze.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the way the Browns drafted this weekend. I think Eric did his thing in true Bill Bellicheat form. they might have passed on some big names Beeze, but they drafted smart!

look at how shatted up the Iggles are, 5 wide outs, 3 CB's, 4 safeties......i mean c'mon!! they do know that their is only one ball right LMAO!
gotta laugh or i will cry!

overall a solid draft for the browns beeze! fk the haters kid, they are your biggest fans!

Anonymous said...

Well Beeze, those NY fans gave the Browns another big cheer. After trading 5 to 17, then 17 to 19, and 19 t0 21, once the Commish announced "With the 21st pick the Cleveland Browns select" the crowd roars.

And we in Cinci have another "so what" draft. Here's a question for you ... what you who you if the Browns and Bengals combined? .... one less bad football team in the state.

Happy birthday Mrs. Beeze

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks CK...I really hope The Brownies come out of this looking like the smart ones...We sometimes get caught up in the big names...I was really surprised by the Eagles...Sorry...

BTW...Great coverage all weekend...As usual!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Frank, it's crazy to hear Jets fans cheering on draft day!

I think the Bengals had good draft this year...But we'll see...

Thers's one thing we can count on here....At least we'll always have good high school football in Ohio!

Anonymous said...

After year after year of hope, I'm a definitely a Bengal realist ... yep, we'll see. Odds are good that it will be more of the same.

Cheers to Ohio HS football.

and to the memories of the 1980s when the Bengals-Browns had a great rivalry.