Friday, December 5, 2008

Sean Avery vs Gary Bettman....Who's the Douche?


I'd like to talk about the Sean Avery controversy....If you don't know he referred to his ex-girlfriends as his sloppy seconds, as an attempt to be funny, and to taunt a player (Dion Phaneuf) on an opposing team, who is dating Elisha Cuthbert...One of Avery's ex-c**dumpsters. That was mean...I apologize...But she has made a few other trips around the NHL, so is it really that mean?

So the NHL has suspended Avery for 6 games....6 games for talking sh!t....I played hockey at a Catholic high school (3 state titles), and our coach said worse stuff to us at practice....I've said worse on the ice in my beer league....and worse things are said on a nightly basis in the NHL.

Let me get this straight...You can punch dudes in the face, but you can't talk sh!t
about them....WTF!!!

The biggest reason for the suspension is Gary Bettman and other league officials don't like that Avery has called them out in the past...Most recently in an interview on E:60. This comment was nothing new for Avery who has made his living by being a pest....There have always been pests in hockey and there always will be.

Avery has been a wanted man by Bettman ever since last years playoffs, when he stood in front of Martin Brodeur and kept waving his hand and stick in his face in an attempt to distract him....It worked....he scored shortly thereafter.


The next day the league was putting together a new rule..."the Avery rule"...prohibiting a player from doing such things. The NHL has decided to change the rules whenever they see fit...or at least whenever Sean Avery pisses them off....WTF!!! I have always thought Avery was a douche, even when he was playing for my beloved RANGERS, although I was glad he was on my team instead of the others. I still think he's a FIRST CLASS DOUCHE...but so is Gary Bettman.
That's it for now,
Later, The BEEZE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sean avery, cuz i just don't like his name LMAO!

Unknown said...

I thought what Avery said was kind of funny. She does get around the NHL. I thought it was retarded to suspend him for that long over that comment. You are totally right...you can knock each other's heads off but can't talk trash. Pretty dumb.
They are both douches but I am going to give Bettman a slight edge.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I thought it was funny too. I'm tired of everyone wanting everything to be so PC....You can't say it's okay to beat the hell out of each other, but you can't talk s$h!t....It's just stupid.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

aw cool, thanks for answering me back!! just for the record, i rightly don't gaf about some broad who yanks it for the NHL players, ya dig ;0

** insert total sarcasm on here **
have fun with it, 15 minutes of fame WOOOOO

LMFAO!