Sunday, December 14, 2008

Monday Moaning

Is it Monday already...Well it's Sunday right now, but many of you won't read this until Monday, so don't get nit picky with me....Sorry, little angry write now. I guess we should start there, with my anger....

I lost in my fantasy league today...It was my fault, I was thinking to much. I got up this morning and read everything I could, watched everything I could, and finalized my roster at 12:54 PM...Well I $h!t the bed, or at least the f**kers I listened to, and the f**kers I played $h!t the bed.

First mistake...I played Ted Ginn instead of Wes Welker...The reasoning...I didn't expect Matt Cassel to go all "Brett Farve" and light it up the same week that he lost his father. I also liked Ginn as a deep threat against the 49ers secondary....I suck.

Second mistake....I plated Maurice Morris instead of Kevin Faulk...The reason...Same as the reason for not playing Welker...Also everyone was talking up Sammy Morris, who did have a good day.

Third mistake....Well I don't know if it's a mistake yet, but with all the bullsh!t that was going on in Dallas, and with Donald Lee projected to do better, I played Lee instead of Jason Witten....Lee gave me 0 points...Thanks dipsh!t.

Then there was Anquan Boldin...One of my two studs...Boldin completely $h!t the bed....1 f**king point. My other stud Turner the Burner did all he could for me, but it just wasn't enough.

I wasn't expecting to win it all....I had been holding my team together with Popsicle sticks and duct tape....I had 6 running backs hit the IR this year, so considering I won my division, I didn't do that bad...But f**k I wanted to win. The whole league is full of sh!t talkers, and I like being the biggest one.


Alright, enough of that. Saturday night was great....if you want to read about it check this out....http://thebeezewax.blogspot.com/2008/12/restaurant-review-bistro-on-lincoln.html.


After all the fantasy studying this morning, we took the kids to see Santa. It was the first time my son wasn't freaked out by the guy...Actually he started talking the poor guys ear off. My daughter may be starting to catch on...She said "I don't think that was the real Santa...Maybe it's one of his helpers." My wife responded with a "you may be right honey." I wasn't getting involved.


After that it was full on football, although I did mix in writing about 10 Christmas cards...We try to split up the list, and I noticed the wife hadn't done hers yet...Anytime I'm not the procrastinator is good...It give me a small and brief advantage.



Now to some Notre Dame hockey news. First of all the Fighting Irish were on the NHL network Friday night, so that was sweet for me. Saturday nights game was aired this morning...It's always cool to see some college hockey getting love on TV.


The top-ranked Irish played a home and home series with Bowling Green this weekend.


Friday night at Bowling Green, Notre Dame won 3-1. The goal scorers were...Teddy Ruth, Ben Ryan, and Christian Hanson. Goalie Jordan Pearce made 19 saves in the victory.


Saturday night in South Bend, the Irish won 4-3, taking their season record to 14-3-2. The goal scorers Saturday were....Dan Kissel, Calle Ridderwall, and Christian Hanson-2. Hanson's two goals took his season total up to 13. Pearce made 18 saves in the victory.


In other Irish Hockey news, Tim Wallace '06 was called up from the minors Tuesday by the Pittsburgh Penguins. Wallace was signed as an undrafted free agent in '06, and has been in the minors for the last 2 seasons. He's one of 4 former Irish hockey players in the NHL right now...The others are Penguins teammate Mark Eaton, Red Wings defenseman Bret Lebda, and Blues forward Yan Stastny. With Wallace, there are now 15 former Notre Dame players who have seen time in the NHL.


Have a good week, I'm sure I'll be back ranting about something tomorrow.



Later, The BEEZE.

4 comments:

Mind of MadMan said...

shilithr
Your word verification...
Kinda like shit huh?? Well most of my teams where in the playoffs so I had a bye this week (HAHAHAHAHA) but reallly the ones that where not in a bye are not going to win a asshole in prison.
Like I told this dopey duffis cell phone sales guy yesterday, "If I go back to prison I hope you are my roomy. [He asked why] Because I know who will get fucked.
So you see, everyone gets fucked, and sorry it was your fantasy sports time for the screwing.

Anonymous said...

AW i remember taking my guy to see Santa, i miss those days!! Santa rocks!!!

I hope both your kiddies get everything & more from Santa.....as for christmas cards, HA i'm done, i get those outta the way!! i only send to relatives that live far away & i never see except for funerals & weddings!!

i don't play any fantasy teams at all , so i can't answer that part of the blog at all LMAO!

Crazy Canton Cuts said...

i got lucky in 3 of my ff football leagues..made the "super bowl"

2 playoff losses in others

and 1 nothing in the other

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Good luck CCC.