Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Beeze's Reviews "Cop Out"

I hate critics...That's why I started reviewing restaurants awhile back...Food critics suck...Most have no practical experience in the restaurant business...Movie critics often suck just as much...Some ass-hat gives another ass-hat a job watching movies, and writing their opinion on it...Well in this day and age, who needs these people? With big mouths like me and so many others, the Internet is full of opinions...And that's all they are...

I've noticed "Cop Out" getting drilled in the media...Even on ROTTEN TOMATOES http://www.rottentomatoes.com/ has dogged it...That's the only movie reviewing outlet I even look at anymore...

One of the big complaints about "Cop Out" is that, "Dude this buddy cop movie has already been done before." NO SHIT! What movie hasn't been done before? They all have! Hell half the previews before the movie were for remakes of movies I saw as a kid...And F**k you, the original "Clash of the Titans" was awesome...Now it's gonna be all f**ked up with all kinds of CGI!

By the way, the remake of "Death at a Funeral" looks hilarious!


So, let's get to "Cop Out." The wife and I went Saturday night...It was already moved to one of the smaller theaters...And it was full...

First if you are one of the haters...You're wrong...Yes this is an opinion based piece, but as you may already know, I feel my opinion is always right...I'm so sick of people looking too deeply into movies and trying to take things too seriously...I'm going to be entertained...If I want reality I'll stay at home with my kids and wait for my son to destroy something...Like my spirit...The movie was originally titled "A Couple of Dicks" but the studio wasn't gonna go with that...So they change it to "Cop Out." Get it?

If you're a Kevin Smith fan and you're looking for his signature monologues...Go watch "Clerks" again...He didn't write this movie...Just directed it...And God bless him for paying homage (a word that is brought up early in the movie) to classic cop movies...The soundtrack sounded straight out of "Beverly Hills Cop." That was an instant laugh for me...

Now, Bruce Willis as a cop...You can't go wrong with that...He's the greatest American action hero ever! And he knows how do comedy...And let the real comedians do there thing...And Tracy Morgan was doing his thing...How any director can handle that guy is unreal...And Sean William Scott was great...You love him, but you want to punch him in the face!

The story was good...Not great, but good...The action was good...Not over the top...Good...And most importantly the comedy was excellent...The wife and I both laughed throughout the movie...And what else do you want from a comedy? LAUGHS! We had them...And by the sound of the rest of the theater, everyone else was getting the laughs...


So here's the deal...If you want to get some laughs and see some tributes to classic '80's cop movies, you'll like "Cop Out."

Some other advice...They're just movies...Stop taking them so seriously, and let yourself be entertained...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

bdubsmitty said...

I want to see that movie, but I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD. We're in a recession, ya know?

I laugh my ass off every time I see the preview when they handcuff the guy to the car and he says "that's police brutality" and Bruce looks at him with that eat shit grin on his face and says "Not yet".

I'm glad you enjoyed it - it gives me reason to watch it now that I know someone with common sense of what a movie is supposed to be liked it.