Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Monday Moaning....A Couple Days Late

Sorry for the delay gang...The Beeze was, as they say in Boston...Wicked F*ckin' Sick! I caught a serious case of the flu...Which has been ripping through the Fish House...

I originally though I was just getting sick watching the Fighting Irish lose their first round tournament game, to Bemidji State...Bemidji State? Yes there is such a place, and they play excellent hockey...As a matter of fact, they skated circles around the Irish...Beating them 5-1

But Notre Dame wasn't the only top seed to fall this weekend...Air Force upset Michigan....Miami beat Denver...The only top seed that got out of the first round was Boston University....the Terriers beat Ohio State (who shouldn't have gotten in) 8-3...It wasn't even that close!

The weekend was full of other great games....Minnesota-Duluth came back late to tie Princenton....Then put the Tigers away in overtime...But Minnesota-Duluth would not get past a hot Miami team, as the Red Hawks took the West Region...

In the East Region Vermont took out Yale 4-1...Then went to double overtime with Air Force, before winning 3-2, and heading to DC for the Frozen Four...

In the Northeast Region the winner of two traditional college hockey powers...New Hampshire and North Dakota, would face BU for a trip to DC....The Sioux were up 5-3 in the third...But the Wildcats of UNH battled back....Tying the game with under 5 seconds left...Then UNH finished the comeback 15 seconds into OT....This game was awesome! Unfortunately For the Wildcats it was short lived...They lost the next night to BU 2-1 with 15 seconds left in regulation...

That brings us to the Midwest Region...Cornell beat Northeasterb 3-2...Then came the Irish melt down...Really it isn't all on the Irish...The beavers of Bemidji State played a great game...The Beavers goalie Matt Dalton was outstanding...And Tyler Scofield was without a doubt the best player on the ice all night....So what would Bemidji State do against Cornell...WIN AGAIN! 4-1...The Beavers join Boston University, Vemont, and Miami, in the Frozen Four....

This was a very disappointing way to end the season for the Irish...The team had high hopes...as did big mouths like me! On the slightly brighter side...Irish center Christian Hanson signed a 2 year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs this week...Best of luck to him....


In other new in the world of the Beeze....The Mrs. did something very special for me this week....No guys...Not the BLUMPY....She colored her hair red for me...

For those who don't remember.... http://thebeezewax.blogspot.com/2009/02/women.html


Now due to the Fish House Flu I haven't seen it in all it's glory...But I hope to have that red hair in my lap very soon....


Sunday night the You Gab crew, had our D&T Fantasy Baseball draft...I was lucky enough to be picking 11th out of 12...As I sat there wrapped in a blanket, around round 5 I began to wonder what the hell I was doing...I'm not thrilled with my team but I projected myself getting about 7 of the players I did...Here's how it went....
1Tim Lincecum (P, SF)

2Ian Kinsler (2B, TEX) My strategy was to grab these two guys with my first two picks...Well I would have taken Pedroia, but some other douche grabbed him up....

3Geovany Soto (C, CHN) This pick was also planned...But I'm not sure why I took Bay next...Maybe the Fever...

4Jason Bay (OF, BOS)

5Shane Victorino (OF, PHI) I planned on going for Victorino here or in the 6th and grabbing a pitcher with the other pick...I like these two picks
6Daisuke Matsuzaka (P, BOS)

7Jhonny Peralta (SS, CLE) I thought I good get Peralta here...Big numbers this year...Wait and see...

8Francisco Liriano (P, MIN) Idon't know...I dropped him already to get another reliever...I picked up Wheeler from the Rays....

9Aubrey Huff (1B, BAL)

10Brad Hawpe (OF, COL)

11B.J. Ryan (P, TOR)

12J.J. Hardy (SS, MIL)
I like These two picks ...Young guys with lots of upside...
13James Loney (1B, LAD)

14Jeremy Guthrie (P, BAL)

15Ted Lilly (P, ! CHN)

16A.J. Pierzynski (C, CHA) I dropped him already...Not sure why I picked him...Grabbed up Felipe Lopez....He's having a good spring and is gonna play everyday...

17Fausto Carmona (P, CLE) I think Fausto is gonna bounce back this year, and be dominant...
18Denard Span (OF, MIN) Big Season from this kid!

19Oliver Perez (P, NYN) Takin' a chance here...

Is anyone still awake after that....F*ck I dozed off for a couple minutes...Sorry for all the long winded college hockey and fantasy baseball talk...Stilltrying to get back in the swing of things...Have a good week...

Later, The Beez

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

her hair looks awesome! glad you are feeling better beeze!

Anonymous said...

Nice hair Mrs. Beeze! Although a tad redder, I was reminded of my fav CNN lady .. Kyra Phillips.

Sorry about the Irish hockey news. Earlier in the week I read an interesting article about Bemidji's tradition.

As you know, I'm a CCHA guy ... but no to Miami ... any of the other 3 will do.

Welcome back Beeze ... and glad you're feeling better.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks CK & Frank...

This tournament has had more madness then that silly basketball one...I find myself in a strange place...I'm rooting for the team that beat my Irish...Go Beavers!

Bemidji has had a strong program for years, and have won at every level they've been at!

Unknown said...

glad to hear you're feeling better!