Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday Moaning



Well here we are...This is the first time I have opened my laptop in 5 days...Yes I looked at some things via my iphone, but other than looking at Twitter, Facebook, and a bit of news, I took a mini-vacation from the Internet...I mean, Summer is at it's end...My oldest and I took in our first high school football game of the season Friday...And yes, College Football season kicked off this week...So there is no shortage of sports to write about....

So why not start with the hot topic...Johnny Manziel...The NCAA hit him with a meaningless, weak, 1 half suspension for the first game...The first game being against Rice....That'll teach him!  And anyone who thinks he didn't break the rules...You're foolish...There is a story quietly floating around that this could be an even bigger deal, that the NCAA wants to keep quiet, and that may be why they reacted so swiftly, and softly with Manziel...A CLIENT_LIST of College Football players going back to 2004 who signed shit for money...

But then there was Manziel, taking the field in the second half against Rice...




Hey, I'm okay with trash talk to a degree, but when all this shit just went down, and your first move out of the gate is to air-sign autographs...That's a dick-bag move...But wait, there's more...


Look, Johnny just threw a TD pass...Now he's counting his money....Fucking dick-bag...Then late in the game after throwing another TD pass, he went and talked trash to some Rice players, and got flagged for it...



Big, fucking, Dick-Bag....After this move, the coach yanked him...And he's got to be concerned about how many more headaches is this kid going to give the program...And while Johnny is talking shit, maybe he should realize that Rice may not have won, but they just showed everyone in the country how weak the A&M defense is...Rice scored 31 points while gaining 509 yards...306 of those on the ground...

Manziel has talent, but he's clearly an asshole...For the record, I'm rooting for him to fail, and fail big-time...This now brings us to Backell...If you don't know him, he's a douchebag from way back in the days when we all blogged at Sporting News...There are many reasons to dislike this guy...Like being a liar, and a fake...Saturday, he started a threat on a Facebook page, commenting about Manziel's taunting...

"I've just got say, Johnny Manziel is really putting his signature on this game.

I went there."


People came in, and dropped their one liners, and two-cents, and then suddenly Backell called out everyone's comments ripping Manziel for being "#sechaters"

Well, I do hate the SEC, but as many of us pointed out, this was not about how we may or may not feel about the SEC...It was how we felt about Manziel, his antics, and his disrespect for his teammates, opponents, the game, and the NCAA...Which, I have no respect for the NCAA either!

So "F5", you wanted to stir the pot...You wanted some attention...Well here you have it...You made it into Monday Moaning...I can can only speak for myself, although I know many who feel the same...You're hack...You're an arrogant douchebag...And you're an asshole...You and Johnny Manziel will make a lovely couple, eating each others asses in your own little, asshole hell!

-In other College Football news...North Dakota State upset Kansas State 24-21...If that isn't sexy enough...Eastern Washington upset (#25) Oregon State 49-46...Those FCS schools are fucking with people!

And all of you who get pissed about hearing about (#19) Boise State late in every season, and how they could throw a monkey wrench in the system...No worries...The Washington Huskies dominated Boise State 38-6...(#18) Nebraska squeaked out a 37-34 win over Wyoming...I'd like to thank Ohio State for not covering the spread against Buffalo...The Buckeyes only beat the Bulls 40-20...That's my gambling tip people...First couple weeks of the season, when the big guns have a cream-puff on the schedule...Take the puff with the points...Love that shit!

-My Fighting Irish were not spectacular in their 28-6 win over Temple...They looked fucking amazing during their first two offensive series, and it looked like it was going to get real ugly, real fast...But the Irish got a bit sloppy...Too many penalties...The Special Teams were awful...I'm trying to get a scholarship this week to be their new kicker...At times the defense seem to be taking plays off, and were playing a lot of bend don't break...

There is plenty of talent on this team, but if they don't clean it up, they'll get smoked at Michigan next week...

Molls was happy with the win...



-The big game of the week was (#5) Georgia at (#8) Clemson...I give both teams credit for opening their season with this big game this...If Clemson loses they're out of National Championship contention...If Georgia loses, they'll have to run the table the rest of the way, and get some luck...The game lived up to the hype...And so did Clemson QB Tajh Boyd, (my #2 pick for the Heisman) who passed for 3 TD's and rushed for 2 more leading Clemson to a 38-35 win...

-My #1 guy for the Heisman, Louisville QB, Teddy Bridgewater torched Ohio U. for 355 yards and 5 TD's Sunday in 49-7 win...Even more impressive to me was Louisville's defense shutting down the Bobcats strong ground game, holding them to just 81 yards, and forcing them to try to do it all through the air...

-Lastly, I want to talk about Keith Olbermann...I liked him early on...Then in his later years at MSNBC his act got old...He became quite annoying...But now he is back talking sports...He's doing some things with sports, that made him appealing in his early "Countdown" days...Last week he had a great segment taking apart the NCAA...Then I saw this...Talking about concussions and and idiot columnist, Pete Prisco...




I know Olbermann has a rep as a douche, but he's doing some good stuff on ESPN2 week nights at 11:00PM...

That's it for now...

Have a Week...

The Beeze.


1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

ESPN's over- exposure of Manz is making me like him a little. I'm trying to remember if Backell irked me or not @SN.