Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Moaning



 I'm gonna run down some college football action real quick, before I get to some so-called controversies that are annoying me...

Stuff like (23) Nebraska giving up 38 unanswered 2nd half points and getting smoked at home by (16) UCLA 41-21...Can we stop hearing about the tough "Black shirt" defense now...What a bunch of horse shit that has been for years...Even Nebraska star Alum Tommy Frazier has had enough, as he spoke after Saturday's loss, and wants heads to roll...

Or stuff like Akron nearly beating (11) Michigan in the "Big House"...Michigan got lucky with a 28-24 win...And Brady Hoke said his team wouldn't have a letdown after last week's win over the Irish...Yeah, no letdown there Brady!

Then there was Texas getting drilled at home by (25) Ole Miss 44-23...I guess shit-canning the Defensive Coordinator wasn't the answer down there?

Then there was my (21) Irish, playing Purdue...Purdue has sucked balls the first two weeks of the season, so this should have gotten the Irish on track...But in the first half, the offensive game plan looked like, 'Hey Rees just throw the ball to guys that are double and triple covered!'  The Irish were out skilled, out worked, and out muscled in the first half, and still they were only down 10-3...

In the second half they started getting their shit together on offense...The defense showed signs of toughness, but they were still disappointing...The secondary needs work, especially at safety...The two big guys up front, Nix and Tuitt haven't done much...Those two along with LB Price Shembo were expected to cause chaos for QB's, but between the three of them, they have one sack, and Shembo is being used in pass coverage far too much, which is not his strong suit...

As the offense started moving the ball there was one moment that stood out to me...Not Rees' long pass to Daniels as he walked the wire down the sideline for a TD...No, it was Running back Cam McDaniel getting his helmet blown off near the goal line, popping up, grabbing his helmet and bleeding out the side of his head...That was sweet, but it got better...Coach Kelly called a time out so they could duct tape McDaniel's head and get him right back on the field...Says a lot about the confidence they had in the two guys in front of him on the depth chart...McDaniel became the go to guy in the fourth quarter, and punched in a TD...


The Irish pulled out a 31-24 victory...A win is a win they say...No matter how ugly...But this win may have exposed more about this Notre Dame team, then the loss to Michigan did...

Then there was Saturday's prime-time game, not played in prime-time...(1) Alabama at (6) Texas A&M...The big rematch...The game that has been being hyped for almost a year...If you're a sports fan, you've seen the highlights...You don't need me to run it all down for ya...The only thing you need to take away from this blog, about this game, is this...For all the hype about the big, bad, tough, SEC...And all the hype about Nick Saban's coaching...and his defensive knowledge...What this game showed, is that is a bunch of bullshit!  Defense! Defense! Where? Both these teams left that shit in the locker room...And every time 'Bama had a chance to put A&M away...(in the words of John Madden) "BOOM!" here comes Johnny Autograph and company, scoring again...In the end, Alabama held on...Out scoring A&M 49-42...Now they both can go play the rest of their weak schedules, as both play Ole Miss and LSU, and a bunch of weak sisters...

But now to the controversy...#1...This sign flying down at LSU this past weekend...


Yes, Kent State went down south and got pounded by LSU 45-13...When I saw the sign, I'm not going to lie one bit...I laughed...I laughed hard, and loud...I laughed so hard it scared the shit out of our new puppy...But of course mother fuckers in this sorry ass PC world are crying...I'm sorry, but a joke about something that happened over 40 years ago doesn't fall in the "Too Soon" category for me...It shouldn't for anyone...

Yeah, back in 1970 four students were killed and nine injured by the National Guard...when they opened up on protesters...Thing is, at Kent read, Kent write, Kent State, they never talk about their excellent nursing program...Or their great theater program...They talk about this...


Yeah, it looks a little intense...But all Kent State does is hang it's stupid hat on this...


Yes it was horrible...But it was over 40 years ago, and it's all I hear about Kent State...You had students shot there...Neil Young wrote a shitty song about it...None of you that attend that God awful place knew those people...You weren't even born...It was a distasteful joke, and it was funny...Fuck off wannabe hippies!

Maybe I'm just insensitive...Or maybe I just hate Kent State...Maybe both!

The other bullshit controversy...Fucking PC world....Mother fuckers want the Washington Redskins name changed...Hey, I'm not a fan of the 'Skins, but FUCK YOU!  Fucking FOX showed the protesters outside of the 'Skins game in Green Bay Sunday...Way to show up douchebags...Nice to see all 8 of you made it...Drop dead!  I see a couple of these clowns every year in Cleveland, trying to go after Chief Wahoo...And their case is better there, because Chief Wahoo looks like s stupid, drunk, smiling ear to ear, red faced, Indian...Total caricature...But I love the Chief, so piss off...

But this Redskins thing is bullshit...The logo is classy, and no one I have ever known has thought the name was racist...If it's such a big deal to these protesters, and the NFL, why aren't they going after the Kansas City Chiefs, who play at Arrowhead Stadium?  And Why aren't we talking to MLB about the Braves and the Indians?  'Skins owner, Dan Snyder has always seemed like  a rich douche, but I'm all in with him on this...Don't give in one damn bit Snyder!

I mentioned our new puppy...We brought little Finnegan home Friday...The kids are having a blast with him...And Mrs. Beeze is crazy about him...And yes, Molly has show a bit of jealousy about that...She just wants him to be her puppy...Friday night was rough, for me...The little guy was away from his mom, dad, and sisters for the first time...He wasn't sleeping well, and kept coming to me...I wasn't going all in like he was one of my kids...He wasn't going to end up sleeping in my arms...He did end up sleeping on  my feet as I sat in my chair...It was a long night, and a early morning...

Saturday night he slept better...Only needing my feet half the night, but waking me up at 5:30 AM to start the day wasn't cool...Both days the Wife sent me to bed when she and the kids got up...Both days I woke up around 11:30AM with Finn on my chest licking my face...Little shit just trying to keep me from cooking him...


I'm joking...I leave the cooking of dags and cats to the Chinese joint down the street!  (How's that for a tasteless joke!)

Have a week...

The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

definitely agree on the entire Redskins BS. Too bad thatSt johns & Miami of Ohio made the PC adjustment already. Solid assessment of ND