Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Beeze's Hump Day Hits...With a bit of Moaning Too


Well gang, I didn't show up Monday, so I thought I better drop in for Hump Day, and spread a little Christmas cheer...Yes, I say Christmas...None of that Happy Holidays bullshit...I celebrate Christmas, so I say Merry Christmas! If you don't, I don't give a shit...

So things have been crazy in my world...The baby was born a week ago...Over the weekend she got jaundice...We did some crazy running around to the doctor's office, then the lab...Then got a Bili-blanket, and long story short, she's doing better...If none of that made sense, google it!

I went back to work Monday, had a fun double at the Fish House...When I left Mrs. Beeze informed me our oldest daughter had a fever...So when I got home Monday night, I was in the door maybe 5 minutes, and boom...Puke was flying...Her throat is hurting, and the fever has been up and down...Of course we are fearing Strep...My throat hurts just typing this...The Little Beeze has been good, but Tuesday evening he started getting stuffy...Fucking Christmas is gonna be a fucking hoot this year!

I have to be honest, I haven't paid a damn bit of attention to the sports world...It's not just the baby that has taken up all my time, and my limited mental stability...It's the baby, the sick 9 year old, making sure the 6 year old Little Beeze is behaving, and not hurting the baby, and waiting for him to get sick...Feeding them, and the Mrs. and her Mom who came to help out for a week or two...Now I think she is just trying to dodge germs...Getting back to the grind at work, which this is a fun, busy time of the year for us...I haven't even looked at my computer the last two days...When I have a moment a free time, I've been closing my eyes...

There are a couple things I want to touch on in the sports world...Last week, Indians great Bob Feller died...He was a power pitcher, long before Roger Clemens got stuck in the ass with a needle...And he did it with class...He gave up four years in his prime when he enlisted in the Navy, the day after Pearl Harbor, and he made sure he didn't get some soft detail...He told them to put him in the fight...

I remember being disgusted a number of years ago when some baseball card collecting douche was mocking how little Bob Feller autograph was worth, as if it was some sort of sign that he wasn't that good...You know why his autograph was so highly valued...Because he signed for anyone, and everyone who asked, because he was classy, and wasn't looking for a payday...And anyone who had the chance to meet him, will tell you this same thing...You knew you were in the presence of greatness, but he didn't make you feel small...He was humble, gracious, and kind...

I've been hearing more and more talk from Browns fans about how they want coach Eric Mangini fired...How quickly things change...A few weeks ago everyone was liking what he was doing, then they get beat by Buffalo, and Cincy in back-to-back games, and it's a totally different story...Now they want his head...Me, I don't know...I didn't watch either game...I've seen this team, that has a roster half full of cast offs, and retreads make some big improvements...The offense is boring, but hell, the offense has a white boy running back who has rushed for over a 1,000 yards...I would considering giving Mangini another, instead of another complete overhaul...Maybe it's just me, but I'm sick of the rebuilds that keep taking place every two to three years...

For a little taste of politics, I'll give you this
LINK and ask you this...Why is Jon Stewart the fucking voice of reason? Republicans, and Democrats in DC...Wake the fuck up!

Now to the good stuff...

A couple weeks ago, when I last posted Hump Day...The lovely Rosie Jones was the winner in a close battle...



Because I'm tired, I'm not doing the competition this week...Instead, we're just gonna look at how I see Rosie Jones celebrating Christmas...









Looks like fun to me!!!


Before I go, I just wanted to say, that having this latest baby, has helped remind me how very lucky I am...She's also made me think about those who are no longer with us, and how I wish I could share her, and Christmas with them...




Thanks for putting up with my drivel...Merry Christmas!





Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to here that the new arrival is doing better.

I'm sure Lil' Beeze will give you a series of posts on Christmas Day alone.

Merry Christmas Beeze .. and of course to the family.