Sunday, September 26, 2010

Monday Moaning


It's that time again...And you know you should start your day with a healthy breakfast...How about a couple of eggs, sunny-side up, with a side of no bullshit!

This week we'll start with my trip to our local high school football game...My daughter likes to follow the band march down to the stadium, and we'll stay at least through halftime...She's a band geek in the making...I really enjoy watching the games, it's nice to see football not tainted with douche bags...Before we go on, you may want to checkout the
BLOG I wrote Friday night, which gets into the topic of douche-bags in pro-sports...

So we're at the game Friday...This is the third game we've gone to and I'm noticing a trend...The visiting team's fans don't show up...Listen we aren't in some rough and tumble neighborhood...The home side of the field, we fill...Students, band, parents of players, and band members, and residents like me...But across the way, it was just their band, about 15 students, and 10 parents...They weren't making a 3 hour trip...They're coming from a half an hour away...This has thinking more about the comments on the blog I linked...

What has happened to the family these days...I know every situation is different, and I know people have different work schedules, and blah, blah, blah...But where the hell were the parents of these kids playing football...Where were the parents of the band members...Where is the support..I'm glad I live in a tight-knit community, but I have to feel for these kids who have almost nobody there...No matter what extra curricular I did, my folks showed up to support me...I have to figure the era of the single parent household that we live in has to have something to do with it...Is this part of what is leading to the increased number of douche-bags in the world today? What do you think? (That's right, audience participation) I wonder what Bill Burr may think about this...



By the way, we lost the game in OT...

Moving onto my self inflicted torture, that is being a Notre Dame fan...The Irish lost to Stanford 37-14...Ahhh, another brutal Saturday afternoon...The Irish defense gave up 404 total yards, so they still need more work...The offense left points on the field again, as my pal IrishShu has pointed out all season...One of the few Irish bright spots was Sophomore linebacker, Manti Teo making 21 tackles...Although the defense spent too much time on the field, so some one had to make some tackles...But if you're a football fan, no matter what team you root for, you have to love what this guy did...


Stanford fullback/linebacker, Owen Marecic...That's right, he plays both ways, and he had a huge impact on the game...First blocking to help the Cardinal rack up a 166 yards on the ground...Late in the game, he blasted into the end zone on a one yard touchdown run...13 seconds later, he intercepted a Dayne Crist pass, and returned it 20 yards for another touchdown...2 TD's in 13 seconds...1 on offense, 1 on defense...You gotta love that guy...Tough as nails...

After, Friday and Saturday, I didn't want to watch another losing battle...So we dropped the kids off at my folks, and the Mrs. and I checked out the movie, "The Town." Here's my quick review...See it! It was excellent...Ben Affleck is proving to be a very good director, (also see "Gone Baby Gone") and his acting always seems to be better when he helped write the screenplay, and the movie takes place in Boston...It gets a thumb up here...

Since I'm reviewing, and giving thumbs, let's talk a bout TV very quickly...There are a few shows the wife and I like to watch...One of those is "House"...Last week was the season premiere, and it sucked...I spent the whole time being annoyed...Annoyed by all of the characters, the writing, everything...It dragged, and Dr. House was just not the same House we're use to...It better impove this week, or I'm out...

Now, one last thing before I go...Washington Redskins douche-bag Albert Haynesworth is continuing to run his mouth...
3rdStone
covered well, but I have to touch on it just a bit...How the fuck does this guy get off talking about how he's not a "Slave"...Hey asshole, I never heard of a "slave" making $100 million...Hell, if slaves made that kind of cash, I don't know how pissed they'd be...Shit the meaning of "Slave" would be, "A person whose material wealth is valued at more than a million dollars." Albert do everyone a favor...Shut the fuck up, and go stand in front of a train...

With that, have a great week folks...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: