Sunday, August 22, 2010

Monday Moaning

That's me in my youth...And not much has changed over the years...Hell half my blogs I scribble out while making a deposit at the Brown Berry Bank...So why stop now!?!

I'm gonna start this week off with a little NFL talk...This afternoon I had the radio on and was listening to ESPN, Freddie Coleman was on the air...he was bouncing around the NFL and talking to different beat reporters...He got on the topic of the Vikings, with Dawn Mitchell...After getting some Favre talk out of the way, they moved to the Offensive line...She was talking about Center John Sullivan, who had bounded with Favre last year, and how it was important for them to get reps together, and to get Sullivan back from some injuries to solidify the line...She referred to him as "A really smart, Ivy League, Notre Dame guy." Umm Dawn, You're an idiot! John Sullivan is not an "Ivy League" guy, but he is a Notre Dame guy...You see stupid, Notre Dame is not the Ivy League...It's a great school, but not the Ivy League...You make me sad Dawn...I expected more from a Boston College grad!

Speaking of Favre...Boy he took one hit in Sunday's game, and they got him the hell out of there...I loved that the 49ers went all up in him!

I watched the first half of the Browns game Saturday night...Apparently, 37 year old QB Jake Delhomme doesn't know how to play in the rain...That ass-hat couldn't hang onto a snap...Nothing says pre-season football like 5 fumbles, and 3 lost...He looked better passing the ball this week...Colt McCoy saw hardly any time, and I'm still wondering why they drafted him, and gave him a nice signing bonus...'Cause right now, he looks like the 4th string QB...

Moving onto Baseball...Lou Piniella stepped down Sunday as manager of the Chicago Cubs...While I've always thought he was overrated, I respect him for this move...He's leaving for family reasons, mainly, his mother is, and has been seriously ill, and he wants to be there for her...We often hear athletes, and coaches talk about how important family is, and there are more important things then the games they play...It's refreshing to see some one actually living up to those words...

With that said, the talk of who will take over for the Cubs next season is heating up...Honestly, there are only two real options...

1. Cubs Hall of Famer, Ryne Sandberg, who has been working his way up the ranks as a manager...He started at the bottom, and is in Triple-A now, with a team that may make the post season...It seems like he's earned it, and the fans would love it...

2. Yankees manager, Joe Girardi...His contract is up after this year...A former Cubs catcher, grew up in Peoria Ill. and his wife is from the Chicago area...If the Yankees don't show him the love, the Cubs may jump at him, and his track-record of winning...

It should be an interesting off-season for the Cubs...

Moving on, late Saturday night I watched, "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage" ...I've always been a huge Rush fan, and it was great to see their story put out there for the masses...It was also cool seeing how many musicians they influenced, and that got what they were doing...Watching this just fueled my hatred for the stupid "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame"...How are these guys not in there...Hell Cleveland radio helped launch them! F*cking place is a joke!




In case you missed the second edition of my College Football Preview,
HERE_IT_IS...

Over the last week, I've been watching the fall of the Sporting News Blogging Community...While I and others saw it coming, some didn't, and by what they've been posting, they're taking it very hard, and now Sporting News is getting a lot of bad press on their own site...Makes me wonder what those suits are thinking!

With that, I'm off to bed, but I'll leave you with some James Taylor, doing some DMX




Later, The Beeze.

No comments: