Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Night Thoughts




Just something to remember.

--
So it's Thursday night, and I'm just shooting from the hip here. Nothing real exciting here. Mrs. Beeze is sick, the two little Beeze are asleep, and the football game isn't really keeping my attention. So off we go on a journey of nonsense floating around in my head.
--
I'm going to give you a link to a funny video, but first let me warn you.....I think it's funny, you may not. If you don't like "DIRTY WORDS" you won't like it. If you don't like Donovan McNabb, or the city of Philadelphia being picked on, you won't like it. The clip is from a comic named Bill Burr. He's from Boston, and was doing an O & A show in Philly. The crowd attacked all the comics, and Burr had enough. 30 seconds into his set, they attacked. He came right back at them, and did 12 minutes of ripping them, and the city. It was great. Seriously, they gave him a standing O afterwards. This is just a very short clip aimed at McNabb.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoFmn5mgo5Q


--
This next link is of comic Jim Norton on the O & A show bashing Derek Jeter after meeting him, and Jeter was a D-bag to him. I love it, because I hate the Yankees.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rx8IeTTOUg


I hope everyone got a laugh out of that.


Now let's get in a little Fighting Irish Hockey News.

Today it was announced that five players have signed National Letters-of-Intent to attend The University of Notre Dame. The incoming players are defensemen Sam Calabrese (Park Ridge, Ill.) and Cam Fowler (Farmington Hills, Mich.) , and forwards Nick Larson (Apple Valley, Minn.), Kyle Palmieri (Montvale, N.J.) and Riley Sheahan (St. Catharines, Ont.).

Calabrese, Fowler and Palmieri - play for USA Hockey's National Team Developmental Program. Larson is playing his second season with the Waterloo Black Hawks of the United States Hockey League (USHL). Sheahan is playing for St. Catharines Falcons of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League.

The Irish take on Bowling Green in a home-and-home series this weekend. GO IRISH!!!


Next thing I wanted to talk about was a couple things over on the right of the screen. I have links to a few charities that a donate to. They all do good work so feel free to check them out. The one, "Hats for Heroes" did some really great stuff for a friend mine who lost a daughter to cancer. The Columbus Blue Jackets do a great job with it and the players really get involved.


Last thing I've got bouncing around upstairs tonight is this idea....I'm thinking about doing one post a week about my job. For those who don't know, I'm a Chef. I've been working in kitchens since I was 13. I've been working in one place for 12 or 13 years now and I've got some good stories. It's a fine dinning seafood place, so I was thinking of calling the blog, "Tales from the Fish House". Let me know if you'd like to read some of the tales that have helped make the sick, twisted, perverted, a$$ that I am today.


That's it for tonight. I'm going to get another beer find something good on TV to pass out to.




Later, The BEEZE.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL i've seen that video, what a trip!!

i'll check the links for sure!!

hope Mrs. Beeze feels better today!

thanks for the laugh over my morning coffee!

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

Bill Burr is a funny dude...seen that before...

that 1st cartoon gave me a flashback of sorts

except the girls mom kept coming on to me...which was totally surreal

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

CK, I'm always glad to give someone a laugh.

3rd, the mom kept hitting on you...awesome!

Anonymous said...

how's the Mrs.?

3rd, you are a nut!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

She's doing better. Still a cough, but getting better.

Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

COOL!

Unknown said...

Beeze,
Bring on the restaurant blog...I worked in my family's restaurant from age 12 to 24. I know there are some real characters and some crazy stuff happens. Can't wait to read it!

bdubsmitty said...

Dude, if you talk about food once a week you will be my friggin hero. Sports and food are two of my three favorite things (I'm sure you can guess what the other one is since you're married and have kids).

I never knew you were a chef...that's pretty cool. If you ever feel the need to donate a good recipe every once in a while I know a good place you can send it.

The cartoons are great, I seem to find myself identifying to the beer one...damn bottles follow me everywhere I go.

Hope the Mrs. is feeling better.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

The Mrs. is doing well. And yeah those pesky beer bottles get out of control sometimes.

I think I'll include a recipe each week, along with one of the many tales I have...It may get dirty in here.