Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Night Thoughts

Well the BEEZE has started a new Blog. It won't be much different from my Sporting News Blog, but I may touch on a few other topics. Feel free to checkout my SN blog, and take a swing at the Hump Day Survey, just click the http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the%20BEEZE.



So let's get on with Tonights thoughts. The other night I was watching a show on CMT. Now let me first state I'm not a country music fan....Some of it I don't mind, but I'm not a real fan. Anyway i put on this show "Crossroads". Def Leppard was on and any time I can relive my youth I will. They were performing with this young singer named Taylor Swift . Now the whole idea of the show is to put a country star and a pop, or rock group with each other, and they do one another's songs.

So I'm watching this and saying to myself, WOW!!!, this girl is good. Why is Joe Elliot even singing. Honestly, the boys in the band were good, but she was singing their songs a lot better than Joe. Here's a couple of examples........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfvqgkWzQc



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9I_WHnVWC4



This next one Joe is struggling.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6WKvQaCK4




Now that I got that off my chest, here's a Notre Dame Fighting Irish Hockey update.



The Irish are home this weekend for two games against Lake Superior State. Notre Dame comes into this weekend with a 6-3 record after beating Boston College last Friday, and Providence on Saturday.

Senior left wing Garrett Regan was named CCHA player of the week after after his three goal effort out east last weekend.



On the other hand the NotreDame football team is sputtering after their second straight lose. Their trip to Boston College wasn't as fun as the Eagles defense shut the Irish down all night. Jimmy Clausen played his worst game since last season. I hope Charlie can right the ship against Navy this week. I don't want to see thia again......





Congrats go to Cliff Lee on winning the AL Cy Young. It was great to see Cliff come back from a terrible season, so bad he was sent to the minors. Then going into spring traing he was projected as the seventh started in camp. Way to prove them wrong Cliff.....I hope they don't trade you off too.

Finally, The passing of Herb Score brings back great memories. I didn't get to see him play, but from what I know he had a bright future until he was hit in the eye with a line drive. He was nevr the same after that.

My memories are of Herb as the Indians radio Play-by play voice. He wasn't the best, but he was ours and we loved him.

I'll never forget sitting on my front porch with my Dad, listening to Her calling Len Barker's perfect game. As it got further into the game neighbors, and even a couple guys walking down the street stopped and listened along with us. I remember afterwards asking our one neighbor "why were't you watching it on TV? "(ours was broken) He said, "I would rather hear Herb call history, than watch it."

Thanks Herb, Rest in Peace.

Take EAZY, the BEEZE.

2 comments:

bdubsmitty said...

Like the new digs man...looks like a good bit of people from SN are branching out to other blogs.

bw

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks bw. I wanted to try something new, andd hit some other topics maybe.

I'm still trying to figure things out, but I'll get it together.

Glad you stopped by.