Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Two Words

 


I have a very dear friend who almost every day asks a question of her friends on Facebook...During this COVID, quarantine time it has been something I've enjoyed and I think many other have...We all have gotten to learn a little more about each other...Yesterday's question had me stumped for awhile..."If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in only two words?"

After kicking it around for awhile, I had nothing and just vomited a bunch of words onto her page until it came to me...

....

For hours I've been trying to think of two words to sum it up...I considered a couple jokes...that either were shots at myself or at someone from my past...I tried for something meaningful...

I thought "No Regrets"...But how can I say that...I carry regrets with me...I can't shake them....Even little meaningless moments that everyone else who was in the room doesn't remember, I hold on to them and still feel embarrassment or shame or anger or whatever...I'm a walking ball of regrets and maybe they are what has helped shape me...But they also make me hate me...(don't worry, not like that...this isn't a cry for help...I just went mildly insane and started writing a blog when ~A~  asked for two words)....

 But in two words it's tough...So here I am hammering out word after word, like an ass...There's plenty of great answers here...

Suddenly, it comes to me...As I make sure my kids get off to sleep, and I look at my beautiful wife...And the news is on in the background reminding us how fucked up this world is....But our own little spaces can be wonderful...I have it...I have two words...I just needed to crank out a couple hundred to get there....

Make Love.

No comments: