Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks




It is Thanksgiving and I thought I would sit down and take a moment to reflect on just how lucky I am...I have much to be thankful for...

-Great friends, near and far...

-Wonderful friends who have helped us with our move and this major transition in our lives...

-Wonderful family...I'm am very thankful for how my wife's family has excepted me over the years...Since day one they have made me feel like one of the gang...My side, well, other than my parents and brothers I have distanced myself from the extended family...Far too much drama and stupidity to deal with...

My Parents, who excepted our moving, and understood why we were doing it, and supported us the best they could, even though we were doing it at the worst time for them...

-My amazing wife...I still wonder what the hell she ever saw in me..."I'm hard to follow, even harder to swallow, and impossible to hold."
She is pretty, smart, kind, loving, and incredible...She is a much better person then me, and always reminds me that I can be better...But she can't cook, so maybe that's why she keeps me around!

-My oldest daughter...Smart, sweet, honest, loyal, thoughtful, caring, mother-hen...She has a truly pure soul...I have told her before, but I don't think she has gotten yet...She can do anything in this world...She gives me a flicker of hope for future generations...

-My son...Amazing artist...He has more artistic ability in on finger then everyone on this block combined...drawing, clay, whatever...He just started doing it one day, and was great at it...He has incredible vision, with is eyes, but more so with his mind...He can spot a subliminal message in ad you put in front of he...He sweet and sensitive, and compassionate and slightly naive...I fear it will work against, but I don't want him to totally lose it either...

-My youngest daughter...#3...The one that changed everything...She flipped our world upside down and I'm so thankful for it...Every day, no matter how bad things may be going, she will make me laugh...She will bring complete joy over me with the littlest, silliest thing...

-Our wonderful home...Yes, I'd be thankful just for having a home...But I am very thankful for the deal we were able to workout to get this home...I am thankful for this house, that seems to fit us like a glove...Whenever I moved in my life, I needed an adjustment period, to get use to things...To feel comfortable...To feel like I belonged...In this house, I felt like I belonged day one...I think we all did...This house feels like home...

-Lastly, I mentioned my parents earlier...I am what I am mostly because of them...I am thankful for that...And I am so thankful for my mother's toughness, and courage, and health...In May doctors were talking about Stage 4 Cancer, quality of life, and trying to get her an extra year...After 24 weeks of Chemo, her scans are clear...Shocking us and shocking the hell out of the doctor...Now she is fighting to get her strength back, and to get back to herself....I am so thankful for her health, and for her example...

I apologize if this too damn sappy...I'll get back to being an asshole in my next post...For now, chop that birds head off, and get him in the oven sugar-tits!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: