Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some Light Friday Reading


So it's the end of the work week, for most people...Not me, my week ends after my Saturday double at the Fish House...Anyway, I thought I'd knock out something light for you all to check out...

First let me get into some Hockey...There was a lot of build-up for Thursday's Bruins/Canadiens game...Yes, it's always been a big rivalry, but after Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty March 8th, some were expecting things to be even more heated...Well not much heat from the Canadiens...The Bruins throttled them 7-0...And the gloves weren't constantly coming off, as some expected...Just an old style ass beating, that left the Habs hanging their heads...

Many have tried to tie Chara's hit to recent injuries, and violence in Hockey...When actually it was a basic Hockey play, that just had a bad, freakish, outcome...When really it's dirty, cheap-shot, assholes, like Matt Cooke who should have their faces linked with these issues...Cooke whom, I wrote about MONDAY, did get suspended again...The rest of the regular season and the 1st round of the playoffs...He should lose a whole season...

Moving on...So we had the Time Change recently...You know, the old "Spring Forward"...We just finally got the kids adjusted to it...Hell they normally mess with me for a week...I don't how people in Indiana deal with it...Nothing like a state that is split into two timezones...




Baseball season is fast approaching, and I'm looking at the Indians roster, and well, I'm not to excited...The infield, with the exception of Astrubal Cabrera, is nothing but utility players...And don't try to tell me Matt LaPorta is a 1st baseman...He's still learning how to play the position...

At catcher, is Carlos Santana, who played a third of last season in the majors, and is coming off a serious knee injury...He had a great season, and is head and shoulders above any of the catchers they had him sitting behind at the start of last year...Yeah Lou Marson, I'm talking about you...Fucking guy couldn't hit his weight, and is a hack behind the plate...

In the outfield, Grady, coffee cup Sizemore is also coming off of a serious injury and who knows how long until he's 100%...And he wasn't that good at 100% last year...The there is Shin-Soo Choo, who you can consider a true major leaguer...Then there are about five other average, to below average guys trying to make in the outfield...

The rotation is young and unproven...Fausto Carmona is the ace...He's still young, and working on being consistent...He has great stuff, but still has plenty of room for improvement...There are 6 others trying to get into the other 4 rotation spots...A lot of dopes are liking the bullpen...Not me...Don't blow 4 games for Carmona this year, let alone the games you blew for David Huff, and maybe I'll change my mind!

Then there is overpaid, DH Travis Hafner...Since MLB cracked down on steroids, this guys has had stupid, nagging injuries, and little power...What a joke...And a waste of money...Shapiro you suck!

To sum it up...If the Indians lose less than 90 games, the season will be a success...How sad is that?

Next...The NFL is changing more rules...Apparently these dopes went to the Gary Bettman/NHL school of business...Here's the plan...Bitch about not making enough money...Lockout...Change rules that make the game worse...Piss of fans!

Well, guess what...You don't have to wait for me...I'm out...I'm okay with College Football, and the NFL can go screw...I hope they miss the whole season...


Okay, I said I was gonna keep it light...So lets end with this little gem...




Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your 2011 Indians .. and how do you really feel about your GM?

I hope the NFL doesn't settle. Money money money for everyone ... and as ticket prices go up up up. Pathetic.

Thanks for the good tune and video as a lead into the weekend. Here's one for you, if you see this before 10 am, see Robin Meade this morning.

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

your Tribe might be better than my Nats or O's