Sunday, March 20, 2011

Monday Moaning


Monday is here again, so it's time for the weekly dose of moaning...This weekend has been a real son of a bitch...My traditional Fish House Saturday double was brutal...Non-stop cooking from 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM...If that wasn't bad enough, my boss who is normally as cock-strong as they come, when it comes to bangin' food, was having an off night...There was a stench coming from his station that reminded me of my baby's diapers!

When I left the Fish House, I was in need of a drink or two...I said I was going to stop for a couple, then this one uber-douchebag server said, "dude I'll be there!" So instead I stopped at a Little Cesar's, grabbed a $5 "Hot & Ready" pie...Walked next door to the liquor store and got a 6-pack of Conway's Irish Ale...Then I headed home...

When I got there, the baby was still up, and gave me a huge smile...Everything was better than...Plus the wife was pissed...She's jealous of how much the baby love dad, and is always throwing smiles and giggles my way...

Sunday morning I checked out the NCAA_HOCKEY_BRACKETS...Yeah, I'm that guy...That's a bracket I could kick ass in...My Fighting Irish have a tough draw...They start with Merrimack, who has been tough all year...If they get past them, they'll have to take on the winner of the Miami/New Hampshire game...Two more solid teams...Miami knocked the Irish out of the CCHA tourney last week, and has gotten real hot at the right time...Is anyone one left out there? I'm picking Boston College to win it all...The Irish just don't have the goaltending this year...Okay, I'll move on...

Then I popped on the Rangers/Penguins game...The Rangers got a much needed win, which will always put a smile on my face...But it was the Penguins, so of course one of those douchebags would piss me off...Good ole Matt Cooke is at it again...Going after another head...Here's Cooke throwing an elbow at Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh...



Cooke has taken cheap shot after cheap shots at people...Going after knees, and heads for years...He's been find and suspended multiple times...The NHL needs to put their foot down, and bring the hammer down on this ass-hat!


Sunday evening I had my Fantasy Baseball draft...Our buddy Jeff is running the league, and it seems like a good group of smart guys...Half I know from the Gab...

The draft itself was, well how do I describe this without being a dick...It was brutal! There was a guy I don't know in the 2 hole...Puljos went 1st...I never thought I would see some one in the 2 hole take their full 2 minutes to make a pick...After all that waiting, he didn't do anything sexy...He didn't surprise anyone...He took Hanley Ramirez...The # 2 guy on the board...But that wasn't all...He ate the clock on every pick...And by the comment section, I wasn't the only one losing my mind...



It got worse...The Little Beeze was all hyped up, and overtired, and being a real pain in the ass...He kept pestering the wife, and getting crazy around the baby...Then his mouth wouldn't stop...So in mid-draft, as I was on the phone with my pals Sully and Steve, talking about how quickly the blind draft, I had to get in the boys face...Then the water-works started...Then more mouthiness, then he passed out on the couch...

From there, the draft dragged on...The commish adjusted the time limit as it progressed, but the damage had been done...I had to break out the charger to finish...

As I write this, Notre Dame is getting worked by FSU...I picked the Irish to win it...Why not, I don't know shit about Basketball! The team I had them beating in the Final, just got bounced tonight...Sorry Steve, I know watching Marquette take out your Syracuse Orange had to hurt...

Well, what are you going to? Cry? Sometimes you just have to have a little Blind Faith....




One last thing...Ohio State fans, please stop acting like Jim Tressel just nailed himself to the cross, and is going to wash away all of your sins...He's just doing his best politician spin, and you dopes are eating it up...

That's all for now...Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure ... Tressel doesn't want special treatment, thus asks for what the players got. Hello ... anyone home ... since he should have known better, he should get more!

Life ok down here (thanks for asking last week). Dealing with self-absorbed idiots is a slow process.