Wednesday, July 11, 2012

You're Offended? Tough Shit!


So the Internet has been buzzing about comedian Daniel Tosh making a rape joke, while doing a set at the Laugh Factory...Well, not about the joke, but about the dumb-ass, easily offended, woman who stood up and told Tosh that rape jokes aren't funny...Which of course lead him to play the rape card right back at her...She then left, took to Twitter, and her blog, and pissed and moaned about being offended...She also didn't like Dane Cook's set...Maybe it's just me, but those are two popular comics...If you don't like them, maybe you should stay away from comedy clubs...

Now I've got a lot to say about this...First, this whole 'Rape jokes aren't funny' thing...Maybe...Maybe not...But who is this bitch to say what a comedian can tell jokes about...Let's ask the late, great, George Carlin...




And then there is the fact that there are people like this woman who think comedians shouldn't say things that could offend people...The late, great, Patrice O'Neal had plenty to say about that...




Now I'm not a comedian, but I play one at work, so it really bothers me that there is this double standard towards comedy...The world raved about how Heath Ledger played the role of The Joker...The Joker, who murdered countless innocent people...He was so good at playing a nut-job...That's fine...But you comic watch what you say...Comic Jim Norton Tweeted this...

"Comics are pigs for making rape jokes, but Christian Bale is a great actor for American Psycho. Everyone can go fuck themselves."
Exactly!

And what about Rap music? In my 36 years on this Earth, I have seen Rap music change quite a bit...When I say this, I'm talking lyrically...Most Rap lyrics now are heavily filled with the words, BITCH, FUCK, HO, and NIGGER (or NIGGA...I don't care how you explain it, it means the same damn thing)...Now none of those words offend me...But I've heard plenty of people complain about how they don't like those words...Yet, people love Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye, and plenty others who hammer out those same shitty lyrics...Often praising them for their "Talent" and "Genius"...

Hell, why haven't we heard from PETA about "Tom & Jerry" cartoons? I mean, why is okay for us to find a cat and mouse beating the shit out of each other funny? It's done in a comical way......Just like stand up comedy...What the fuck people!?!

But Daniel Tosh takes crap for a joke...This fucking world gets more fucking retarded every day...Yeah, I said retarded...Did that offend you too!?! If you don't like a joke, don't laugh...Don't applaud when he's done...Leave...But don't stand up, heckle and make a scene...Just shut up and be miserable...

Tosh has since apologized, which I think stinks...I wouldn't have...Here's his apology via Twitter...

“All out of context misquotes aside, I’d like to sincerely apologize," Then linking the horrible bog, that I won't link...“The point I was making before I was heckled is there are awful things in the world but you can still make jokes about them #deadbabies.”
Well at least he got the #deadbabies in there to offend a bit more...

You know, I use to say how I'm sick of people thinking they have the right to not be offended...I'm still sick of that, but I've come to love seeing people offended...Hell, I love being the person who offends them...Christ, half the reason I masturbate so much is because when I see that I've offended some one, I just get so fucking horny...Seriously, if I offend you, I've done good...For that brief period of time, I did something that finally flipped your idiotic brain on, or struck an emotional chord that you've had shut off for who knows how long, as you shuffle through your miserable existence...People should be happy when they get offended...It actually lets them know they're still alive...

I'm sure things in this post have offended some people...But I know it's been some time since I pissed off my friend sin China, so let me just say to them, again, FUCK_CHINA!!!

In closing, stop shitting on comics for doing their job...And if you get offended, fine...But just know, if you voice it, people like me are going to come back at you...You fucking gash...Have another "Cookie for Breakfast!"

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: