Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monday Moaning


Well, since the 4th of July is just a couple days away, I thought I'd start it out a little patriotic this week...

Now, I'll be honest with you...I didn't want to write this post...I just wanted to throw back a couple beers and fall asleep watching baseball...But instead, I poured myself a cup of coffee, and started looking blankly at this computer screen...Yes there were all kinds of NHL Free Agent signings, but I don't feel like breaking that down...

The MLB All-Star teams were named...And while most of the guys picked are deserving, once again, fan voting made fans look dumb again...How is it possible, that a city of 8 million gets out voted by a city of 800,000? How does the Mets David Wright not get voted in, and that fat fuck, Pablo Sandoval from the Giants does? And sorry Giants fans, but Carlos Ruiz should be starting over Buster Posey...Then Matt Kemp gets voted in, even though he hasn't played in a month...Fucking stupid!

In the AL, the biggest snub has to be Josh Willingham from the Twins, not making the team at all...Christ he's been a rock for the Twins...Yet they put Joe Mauer on the squad, who needs to take at least 3 games off a week...And as much as teh guy is known as an asshole, A.J. Pierzynski belongs there...Then there was Indians 2nd baseman, Jason Kipnis, who got screwed...But there's only so much room, especially when Ron Washington picked 4 of his own guys to go along with the 3 that got voted in...7 Rangers, really!?!

I hate the fan voting...I hate the manager having to play politics with their own players, that keeps other guys out...Actually I hate the All-Star game...Ever since the "It Counts" crap started...I wasn't crazy about it before, but that gave me a whole new reason to hate it...And with all the Inter-league games we have now, the whole NL vs AL loses some luster...And fuck the Home Run Derby too...That shit has just become too drawn out and boring...

So, who thought all this crap at Penn State was done? I hope none, but I know plenty of dopes there thought it was over...Then CNN broke THIS Saturday...


Yep, it was actually Saint Joe Paterno who convinced that idiot Graham Spanier, along with Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz, to keep a lid on what Mike McQueary had told them about Jerry Sandusky molesting a boy in the showers...

Emails showed they were planning on reporting this to the Second Mile charity and the state Department of Public Welfare, but changed their mind after talking with Paterno..."After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps," Curley emailed Schultz and Spanier...

Even after communicating back and forth, knowing that not reporting Sandusky could ruin all of them, they still decided to cover it...Clearly they all thought that protecting Paterno's legacy, and the University' stature was more important then kids getting raped by this creep Sandusky...The sad thing is, if they would have turned him in immediately, Paterno's image, and the reputation of the University would have been fine...

It's time for the NCAA to finally flex their nuts, and hammer Penn State with the dreaded "Death Panalty"...If there was ever a time, this is it...They should burn the entire campus to the ground...And that statue of Paterno...Take that and stick it right up Dottie Sandusky's ass...

Enough of that...Summer always brings a bunch of big movies...I keep hearing about this Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movie...Sounds kind of odd to me, and I'm so sick of all this vampire bullshit...But then I remember Abe was watching a play about vampires on that fateeful night...




That's it for now...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: