Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Moaning



It's Memorial Day and I honestly don't feel much like writing...I spent Sunday with Little Beeze and myself both sick...He's really feeling shitty...just wrecked...I could trudge but I was finding myself on the shitter way too often...It was a real bummer because I spent some time Saturday whipping up and awesome slaw for a party friends were having Sunday...We were really looking forward to it, but then the boy got sick...There was talk of our oldest staying with him while we went briefly, she was feeling lazy after having a couple friends sleep over Saturday night, and of course they were up all night...But then my issues started, and the day was kicked in the head....

Yes, spare me the lecture that Memorial day isn't about cookouts and parties...I know, I actually read history books...Nonetheless it is a time when we happen to make time to see people we maybe haven't for awhile, so take a breath...We're hoping the boy will be up for going to the Parade Monday morning in our neighborhood...molls is very excited...

The big news in Cleveland, beside the Cavs, which I have yet to catch that fever, and don't plan on getting it...but the other news broke Saturday morning when the verdict on Officer Brelo came down...What a judge...Dropping the verdict on a Saturday morning, during a holiday weekend...Stellar move if you ask me...People are moving slow Saturday morning...So their protesting game took a hit...Brelo was on trial for shooting and killing too people who had lead police on a 22 mile high speed chase, and then had rammed a police car...There were over a hundred bullets fired, by a bunch of cops, but this poor bastard was the guy thrown on the grenade...Well, he got off...And the judge went into great length and detail explaining why... Here is a LINK to the entire transcript of the judge's decision....

Personally, here's my view...Mistakes were made...It's easy to say that after the fact...And when a bunch of cops put over 100 bullets in the car, why was one guy taking all the heat? But in my opinion, the most important part of this whole thing is, things wouldn't have gone so badly, and two people wouldn't have died, if these two dolts just would have pulled over...As I heard the two dozen protesters yelling "Hands up don't shoot!" I got really frustrated...These two didn't have their hands up, they were fleeing the police, and then rammed a police car...Then I saw the same phrase hash-tagged all over twitter, so I started tweeting comments ending with #PulloverDontRun...

The local media was very proud of how peaceful Cleveland was, but there were 71 arrests as the day moved into the night and people started acting dumb....They didn't bother to show this...




Yep, people were out enjoying the nice weather, having some dinner, and "protesters" started getting physical, throwing stuff, and spraying random people with pepper spray....Again I'll say it...People will not sympathize with your cause when you act like an asshole...Speak your mind...Have rallies...Protest...Go for it...But when you stop being peaceful, you lost all ground.


-As for sports, the New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning series has been driving me crazy...While Lundqvist is the better goalie, the Lightning look to be the better team...Better speed, better passing, better scoring chances...The Rangers are a defense first team, and when they have the lead, they lay back and play only defense. (except in game 4)...But their defense has been picked apart by great passing and speed in this series...Tampa Bay keeps their foot on the gas the entire game...they play good defense, but they never stop looking for a chance at more offense...The Lightning are up 3-2, and I'm losing the hope I had after game 4...The Rangers were so flat in the third period, I put on M*A*S*H* the movie...Such a great, classic!

I hated when the Rangers traded for old man Martin St. Louis...I hated when they signed even older man Dan Boyle...(you can look up the old blogs and tweets)...And I wasn't please when they traded their first round pick, and top prospect Arizona for Keith Yandle...Everyone said Yandle would be the perfect QB for the power play...He doesn't even play on the top power play unit now...His Defense sucks and his offense is weak...Yeah, he got a goal the other night...The shot was going 6 feet wide, when it hit a Tampa Bay defenseman's leg and deflected in...Dude blows!

-Anyways...I feel like crap...I'm going to lay down...Have a good Memorial Day...Have fun...and if at some point you forget what the day is about, sit in front of the TV and put on "Band of Brothers" or "The Pacific" or "Hamburger Hill" and then maybe it will come back to you,  just how lucky we are to live in a country where people (right or wrong) can protest, and the brave few are why.

Have a week.

No comments: