Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Moaning




How was everyone's weekend...We had beautiful weather here in Cleveland...Yes, I said Cleveland...Unlike every hipster, and every company in this city's marketing department that has decided to call Cleveland "the #CLE"...Yeah, often with the fucking hashtag!  While I find it annoying, whatever...People are trying to feel better about this city and hype the positives...and no way are they showing the negatives like "Tent City"...

I would suggest checking out this guys full Instagram feed...Great shots of all of Cleveland....

But back to this #CLE shit...I really hit my boiling point when I was watching my local 6:00 PM "News" on WKYC and the anchor never said Cleveland...He only would "the CLE"...When I say people are saying this I mean they are literally saying the individual letters C-L-E, like they are spelling it but just got too fucking lazy to finish with the V-E-L-A-N-D...You're a fucking news anchor...You are suppose to be giving me the news...You're not suppose to be a PR firm for the city...

I have given up on the 24 hour news channels to be legit news more so then entertainment...For Christ's sake CNN admitted that the best News coverage they brought the public about the earthquake in Nepal was from their "I Reporters"...Which means, viewers who pulled out their phones and started filming, and then CNN ripped it fromYouTube...And I've gotten use to these dolts talking about what's trending on twitter as if it's news...It's not, they're just lazy...But the local and Nightly News have started doing this too...

Listen Mr. News Man, if you think you are keeping up with the times, and reaching all demographics by telling us what's trending on Twitter, you've got a serious problem...People who seriously use twitter and other social media know what trending already...Shit, they're part of the reason why shit is trending...Then you have people like me...I use it...But I filter out the nonsense, so if #KimKardasianEatsCockBallsAndAss is trending, I pay it no attention...If #7000DeadInEarthquake is trending, I'll take a look at that...Then you have people like my Dad...He doesn't have Twitter...He doesn't have a computer, or tablet, or smart phone...He's as close to off the grid you can get in this day and age...He reads the newspaper every day...Yep, he's one of the handful left...He want to get the news when he watches the news, not some vest wearing douche saying "The CLE"... and not some prompter reading twat saying, "Trending today!"

I'm really saddened by the direction our media has gone...Hell, I'm pretty saddened by the direction our country as a whole has been going...

-Do we want to talk about Baltimore? Listen, I don't know what happened to that guy other then he died...I'm guessing that mistakes were made by the police, but I wasn't there, and I don't do there job, so I'm not going to try and play judge and jury here...I'm willing to wait for the full story to come out...But if people feel a wrong has been done, they have the right to speak up...They have the right to protest...The thing is, protest doesn't mean assault...It doesn't mean steal...It doesn't mean burn down stores, burn cars, destroy others property...The second a protest goes there, I stop caring about your cause...You lost your credibility...What injustice gives you the right to steal, destroy some one's place of work, destroy another's property?  Oh, and the assholes cutting fire hoses live on TV and the firefighters are trying to stop your neighborhood from burning, should be charged with attempted murder...Sorry, folks, when you act like a fucking asshole, I can't have your back...

But let me add this to the conversation.....


That's Molly playing at a park right by the kids' school...We were the only ones there...And sitting there the whole time was that police car just behind her...he is not parked in a spot on the lot...He is aimed right at the playground...I wondered, is he sleeping while my tax dollars pay him?  Is he just there doing some obnoxious paperwork he has to do after answering a call that was a complete waste of his time and our tax dollars? Is he having a late lunch wishing he was playing with his kid? But as time went on it got more uncomfortable...Is he creeping on my kid?  Is he thinking I'm a creep that snatched this kid?  Not that she looks like she is terrified of being there with me...What the fuck is this cop's problem?

That is exactly what went through my mind...I took this picture along with others, all of Molly with Johnny Law in the background...I texted them to my wife and asked her if I was nuts because this cop was creeping me out? She thought it was weird, but figured I had no reason to worry...I took one more picture...Not of Molly or any of the playground...Just him...Seconds later he left...I was relieved when he left, but even more bothered...

Bothered that he immediately pulled out when I snapped a picture...Bothered that a police presence made me uncomfortable...Bothered that I was relieved to not a police presence....I know police officers...The ones I know personally are great guys...I know this isn't just inside my head...Is it because the media only shows us when police screw up? Or not even when they don't screw up, it is skewed as if they did...Is this really where we are?

My one Uncle, a former Police Officer told me when I was young, never trust a cop...I always took that in sense of if I had done something wrong, don't trust them...Don't talk yourself into more trouble...I mean let's be honest, my family history has bootleggers and bookmakers in it, so not trusting police wasn't a surprising thing to hear...But I never thought I would feel unsafe because a cop was nearby...Again, I'm saddened by the road we are on...

-So should I mix in some sports now? Who watched the big fight? No way I was paying for that...1. I don't have $100 for a fight that should have happened 5 years ago...2. Why pay, or go to a crowded bar and pay for overpriced drinks, when you can download a free app, and watch it on your phone...Yep, an app called Periscope...People all over the world were streaming it off their TV's through their phones, for anyone else to watch for free...When it was over, I regretted wasting the time, but was happy that I wouldn't need a sleep aid...Just a totally boring fight...Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can tell me Mayweather out thought him...Whatever...He danced and didn't fight Pacquiao...He boxed not to lose, instead of boxing to win...In my book there was no winner, not even bastards like me who watched for free...All this fight proved was the sport of boxing dying a slow death...The fight everyone wanted for 5 years and that was intensely hyped for months, was a glorious letdown...And the sport has no stars on the horizon that will energize like the greats of yesterday...

-The Kentucky Derby on the other hand was very exciting...I had Dortmund...Molly Frosted...The other kids and the wife finished back in the pack...I knew I was in trouble Dortmund was out in front setting the pace...Just ran himself out...Frosted really impressed me...That horse closed great...Second year Molls has picked good one...

That's it for now...This week I start my new career adventure, and I'm really excited about it...

Have a week...

No comments: