Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Moaning



You know, some weekends are work, work, work...Luckily Mrs. Beeze does the majority of the laundry!

The weekend started with me in the kitchen preparing Thanksgiving dinner...The kids watched the parade, my oldest nursing a serious cold that knocked her for a loop Tuesday afternoon, and kept her in bed for 2 days...

Family came and ate...Not too much family...Which meant lots of leftovers...Everyone left the house with extra food, and we still had plenty to enjoy the rest of the weekend...Plus the turkey stew I made with the dark meat, and the bones, and veggies...It cooked on very low heat for about 17 hours, and then we poured it over some fresh biscuits...Delicious!

Then came Saturday...I made it clear that all I was doing was watching football...First Ohio State at Michigan...It became very clear, early in this game, that neither team was here to play defense...It came right down to the wire...Michigan scores with less then 40 seconds left...42-41 OSU...Michigan coach Brady Hoke decides to try to ruin the Buckeyes' season right here and go for 2...They failed...Seemed like a bad play call, not giving his running QB an option to run it in himself if it's there...Me, I would have played it safe, kicked the 1, and go at it some more in OT...People say OSU would have rolled in OT...Well, the way the game went, Michigan wasn't having trouble moving the ball themselves...Oh well...The Buckeyes undefeated season marches on, looking ahead to Michigan State in the conference championship game...and looking over their shoulder to see if they get jumped by a 1 loss team in the rankings...

Then the "Iron Bowl" came on...Alabama at Auburn...So many of us wanted to see an upset...And with 1 second left, Alabama attempts a 57 yard field goal with a freshman kicker...Their starting kicker (who I won't name because he has already gotten enough hate mail and bad press) missed 3 field goal attempts earlier in the game...The kick was short, and Auburn CB Chris Davis returned it 109 yards for the winning, touchdown...




Fucking Auburn is becoming masters of the exciting big play, big finish...

After the game, Auburn AD Jay Jacobs was already pissing off Ohio State, and Ohio State fans by making his case to jump them in the standings saying it would be "a disservice to college football" if a one-loss SEC champion was left out of the national title game for Ohio State....Fucking balls down there in the South!

I'm not taking a side here, I'm just saying, maybe wait until your school plays Missouri in the SEC title game before you start trying to get into the National Championship game...

Then I watched my Fighting Irish take on Stanford...I didn't expect the Irish to win, but I was glad they hung in there...The fact is, they could have won this game...Like some other games this year, mistakes, and bad QB play got to them...I read a headline that summed up Saturday's game...

"Rees Shows Heart, Not Enough Arm."

I also had myself jumping to the UCLA/USC game...I was actually expecting it to be closer, but UCLA handled the Trojans 35-14...When that one lost it's luster I started checking on the Missouri/Texas A&M game...Missouri won 28-21, putting them into the SEC Championship game against Auburn, and putting that miserable look on Johnny Manziel's face...And I never get tired of that...

It has been a crazy football week...Thursday, I didn't watch the NFL, with the exception of the last 5 minutes of the Steelers/Ravens game...I did watch the Ole Miss/Miss State game...It was an old school backyard brawl, and Miss State pulled 17-10 OT win...From what I heard, it was better then the Lions/Packers game...

Sunday, I watched no football...Had to pick up the slack from doing nothing Saturday...So, we broke out the Christmas decorations and got all that crap started...It's the earliest we've ever done this crap...I don't like going this early, but the kids were excited...Plus the weekends are already getting booked up, plus both the girls birthday's are this month...Our oldest turns 12 Tuesday...Were the hell did the time go!?!

Oh, and I saw the Browns lost to Jacksonville...Jacksonville...that shit is why I quit being a Browns fan!

So, since I'm being Johnny Festive, I figure I end each week's post with a Christmas tune...But I'm gonna try to use some songs that aren't traditional...Here's Dead Sara's "Snow in Los Angeles"





Have a week...

The Beeze...

No comments: