Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monday Moaning

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day...Yes I'm writing this on Sunday night, but it will be read on Monday by many...I hope...Now I don't often get political, I try to avoid it on my blogs, but if you have a problem with MLK, or MLK day...Leave! Dude was tough...and this week part of his "DREAM" will be realized, as we witness the first African American to take the oath of office, as President of the United States....Whether you voted for the man or not...It's history, and it's ours.
Can he screw things up anymore then they already are? We'll see....

Alright...Moving on...I love her, but my wife is nuts...She read the book "Twilight" back before Christmas...She loved it...Whatever...I won't dog somebody for reading...So for X-mas I got her the three follow up books...Since then she has read them all....Twice...She dragged me to the piece of $h!t movie, but hey, you do things you don't want to for the ones you love...And for sex...Then Saturday I caught her reading a manuscript online of the first book written from a different point of view...What!?! WTF!?! She is now on her third round of these books...Seriously how much teenage vampire love story crap can you read in a month?

Okay, I removed that from my chest...The Arizona Cardinals, and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the "Super Bowl"....WTF!!! It's not what I was looking for, but once again the Cards nutted up and got it done...The Steelers and that b!tch of a Defense did their thing again...Poor Ravens just can't beat them...Ahh F**k the Ravens.

What the hell else is rattling around in my head...Oh yeah...my New York Rangers were just starting to get on a roll, and then today they faced the Penguins...The Penguins in their powder blue, candy a$$ jerseys...I hate those f**king things...Those bastards.

Next up some Notre Dame Hockey.....
This weekend the Irish took on Lake Superior State....Friday night they beat the Lakers 3-2...Scoring for the Irish were....Justin White, Calle Ridderwall, and Christian Minella.....Jordan Pearce made 31 saves between the pipes to earn another victory...


Saturday the Lakers battled the Irish to a 3-3 tie...In the national ranking it will be scored as a tie...But in the CCHA they finish what they start...The game went to a shootout, where the Irish won 2-1.

The goal scorers in regulation were Ben Ryan, Erik Condra, and Kevin Deeth...In the shootout Billy Mayday, and Calle Ridderwall scored....Jordan Pearce made 11 saves in regulation, and OT...In the shootout he stopped 2 of the 3 shooters...Notre Dame's record now stands at 19-3-3.


I was gonna write more tonight...I felt a little extra rage...But then I heard from an old friend who has been serving in the military for the last 13 years...So what do I really need to rant about...It can wait...I'm gonna go talk to him some more.

Later, The BEEZE.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME way to bring it about MLK!
tomorrow is a huge day in history as well, remember that folks!

as for zona, they rock hard! they played an awesome game. eagles just couldn't step up & play football yesterday, that was clear to me in the 1st quarter!

I have a feeling the steelers are gonna take this team to lightly HA! i will enjoy that!

i told the ole fart knocker hubby last night: don't start jumping for joy yet, you gotta get past a team that is hungry for the bowl!
they got something to prove!

Anonymous said...

Well done on MLK. I heard an interesting reflection yesterday ... tomorrow's event isn't a fulfillment of King's dream, but only the start.

Cards in Super Bowl is unexpected, but hey ... they got it done when they've had to. They will have to jump on the Steelers early b/c they don't want to have to play catch up against that D.

Congrats to your Irish & good post.

Charli Henley said...

Hi there Beeze. I am totally with you - that is A LOT of teenage vampire crappy writing. Has she read The Lord of the Rings? Much better literature and just as time-consuming!

I have a tag for you over at Broken Mannequin for a little game! Come play! (The post title is "Naked".)

Oh - and right on with the MLK day. Thanks for reminding me! (I sorta forgot. Ooopsie.)

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks for reading gang...I think I'm gonna be pulling for the Cards, eventhough I think the Steelers are better...

Charli, I love playing your games....Way to tease me with the title "Naked".

Charli Henley said...

H ha! I had to get you there somehow!!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

You know I'll always cum running to play with you...Oopps did I not spell that right?

Charli Henley said...

Oh YOU! (Blush.)

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

TeeHee...You like making it tough on me...I just found the picture...Oh boy!

I'll get it up tonight after the kids go to bed....Did that sound dirty too? I'm always falling in the gutter.

David Funk said...

I agree with you about MLK. For those that don't like reading about it, you have the choice to walk away freely.

The Cardinals were ready to play yesterday, and were the better team.

The Steelers are ready for another brawl in the Super Bowl. It will be good one in Tampa.

I'm still laughing at the reply exchange with you and Charli! LOL!

CowboyJoe said...

You want so see really sh--ty hockey? Watch the Preds/Thrashers and Preds/Devils replays. Talk about nightmares...
I watched both and they are one bad hockey team right now and Sully's return didn't change one thing.