Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let's Talk Sax Players

I don't want to sound like a dick but, you know me...Clarence Clemons of The E Street Band died this weekend...I feel bad for his family and friends...But I also feel bad for music lovers...I feel bad for the youth who haven't heard the greats, but they hear that Clemons was "The Greatest", or "One of the greatest" sax players of all time...And I feel bad for the greats who don't get the credit they deserve...
Sorry Clarence, but I'll take that guy way ahead of you...John Coltrane people...The man was great! How about Charlie Parker...How about Ornette Coleman...Lester Young anyone...Seriously, I can come up with 50 guys before I get to Clemons...

It's not his fault...I'm not trying to bash a dead guy...I'm here bashing the media that covered his death, as if he was a Head of State...All kept saying how he was the Greatest...Christ this is what happens when you keep cutting Music and the Arts in schools...It's more proof of how lazy the media is...Do some research and you'll see there would have never been a Clarence Clemons had it not been for the greats that came before him...










This last one is from one of my favorite albums, and this one is great to calm the baby down late at night...




Sorry, to shit on you Clemons fans, but it is what it is...'

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: