Saturday, July 25, 2009

Boston Trip (volume two)

So the day after we arrived in the great state of Massachusetts...We went into Boston...Every time we do this I am wowed...When you live in Cleveland and then go to a BIG city...A real city...It blows you away...My town is a joke for a reason, and it's made clear to me every time I roll into Boston...

This time we went to check out the USS Constitution, also known as "Old Ironsides"...For those who don't know the Constitution is the country's oldest commissioned ship... Here's a shot of it's back end...
-

Then we went over to the Constitution Museum....http://www.ussconstitutionmuseum.org/ I was surprised at how much the kids enjoyed it...If your kids like climbing on stuff they'll have some fun there...
-
Then we went over and checkout the USS Cassin Young...Walking around this ship, you get a greater respect for what our sailors do...When I went into the galley...WOW! I've worked in some small kitchens, but Damn! This little sweat box is designed to pump out food for the whole ship...But my God it must get hot in there...
-
The sleeping quarters were pretty tight and stuffy too...It can't be easy living on ship like that...So to all the men and women in the Navy...God Bless You!
-
I can't forget my thought while standing next to some of the weapons on this destroyer...They can really f**k some shit up! And this is just a destroyer...I can't imagine the fire power on a battleship...
-


And While we were down there...I had to snap a shot of the TD Banknorth Garden...
-
-
After that we headed to Quincy Market for lunch...We ate a place called Quincy's Place...They're a Ice Cream, Candy, and Sandwich place...I had a great bacon cheeseburger with fries...Then everyone started mooching around...I hit a LIDS kiosk and scored another Sox cap...This one is a blueish gray...Except for the two front panels...they're tan...It's sweet!
-
Then the little Beeze and I went back into Quincy's Place...He wanted ice cream...Chocolate...I ordered a shake for myself...Which the lovely young lady behind the counter politely corrected me...What I wanted, is called "Frappe" in Boston...I apologized, having been taught that by my wife, I said..."I'm sorry, I forgot...I'm from Cleveland." That got her chatting about Trot Nixon with me, since he played a season here...Everyone loves Trot...How can ya not! (I'm sorry...That rhymed, and sounds gay!)
-
Then little Beeze and I went to meet up with the rest of the group, which was my wife and daughter...My sister-in-law, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew...They were all out front, watching the "Yo-Yo guy." Dude could do some wicked yo-yo tricks!
-
He said that normally his wife performs with him, but she was at home with their newborn baby...We were thinking he was full of sh!t...But then i checked out his website... http://www.yoyoshow.com/
-
The kids loved it...The highlight was when he dragged my brother-in-law up to be an assistant...First he had him hold a match...Dude swung his yo-yo out there and lit the match...Then he stuck a quarter behind my b-i-l's ear, and knocked it out...It was funny...Funny, because it wasn't me!
-
After that....You'll have to wait for tomorrow...I gotta go now...The wife is on me to get something productive done...
-
Later, The Beeze

No comments: