Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Hate Ice and Snow....

It's official...F*ck Winter...I'm done with this sh!t...As a kid I loved this stuff...I never understood how people could love Winter when they were kids, and then suddenly hate it as they became "adults"....
-
Now I know....Last night, after cleaning walls, and furniture, and everything else my dolt of a son colored on with markers....I noticed moisture on the ceiling in the living room...My first thought was 'what the hell did he do now?'

It wasn't him surprisingly...It was my roof...But the little punk didn't take long to mess with situation....He took a hockey stick and poked at the ceiling...Oops...Now there was a little hole leaking water....Get the bucket...Get the duct tape...That fixes everything...

I went outside with a shovel, and hammer....Started beating on the ice with and trying to get some snow off....Until the police showed up....They said I had to stop...Some douche complained about the noise.....I called the Insurance company....Good times....

Got up this morning and tried to get a hold of somebody at the Insurance company....Heard back from them that there wasn't anyone available to come out until later in the week, but I should try to get as much snow and ice off the roof as possible....NO SH!T....

So there I am...On a ladder....Hammer, and screwdriver...Hacking away at the Ice...I had about an 10 inch thick block of ice running along the top of my gutter, and edge of the roof....It was about 8 inches wide...I now have several bruises from these huge chunks of ice falling and trying to knock me off the ladder....After getting all this crap cleared I found the trouble spot....A nice gap where the siding meets the roof...WTF!

Nothing like home ownership to ruin a Saturday....Now I get to wait and see how long the Insurance pr!cks drag their feet on this....
End of this rant...
Later, the Beeze.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man beeze, that's awful!! i saw on the news you guys got hit hard with ice!!

i have nothing to say, other then i'm sorry :(

"McSpazz" said...

If it's not one thing, it's another. If I thought a sorry to hear that would help I would offer it, but it's just a WTF situation. I do hope your insurance company gets on their freakin pony and help you out quick. If only duct tape fixed more than broken bones.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

CK & Evan, thanks!

This ice was unreal...My hands are killing me from beatin' on this crap...I may have to give them the rest of the night off...Ha!!!

Duct tape is great...But it's not gonna fix this problem...Although I may tape my sons hands together...He's a mess makin' machine.

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better PA is getting hammered monday into tuesday with a noreaster.......rain & snow. where the rain is gonna go it's anyone guess!

did u see on the news about kentucky...holy shit! i hope this mornings better for the Beeze Familia!

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

when it snows, the wisdom of Frank Zappa hits my head

Watch out where the huskies go. Don't you eat that yellow snow.

David Funk said...

I'm with Evan on this. If it's not one thing, it's literally another. It really has been unreal and very frustrating for you lately. That definitely is a WTH moment for sure.

I hope this week gets better for you up there.