Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday Moaning




Full disclosure to start this Monday's post...The pic, has nothing to do with any of it...Just doing my best to catch eyes, and get those page-views from our pervert demographic...

Also, in the world of sports, I got nothing for ya...I did 7 sports blogs last week Monday through Thursday...After that, the weekend was all about family...

My wife's sisters, and some cousins, and Uncle and Aunt, and niece and nephews came into town Friday...Somehow, Friday morning we managed to get our PA licenses, so we could complete the process of buying a new car...

Then it was an evening out with all the family, including my in-laws...Saturday, I spent prepping and cooking food, as we were having everyone at our house for a party...The kids had fun, the adults ate and drank, and caught up more...It was all great...It was a lot of fun...And I was really happy to see how my father-in-law handled it all...His dementia has kicked his ass...But he was happy being around everyone...Even if the memories were fuzzy or even gone, you could see he knew he belonged...And our dog Finnegan spent a lot of time with him...He loves dogs...He was happy as a pig in shit feeding the dog treats, and just sitting there petting him...The mutt was pretty happy too...When I git back from taking my in-laws home, Finnegan was sitting, curled up in my father-in-laws chair...Holy shit this post has gotten sappy as fuck already, but screw it...It was cute and wonderful...

I tried to catch up on some college football highlights, but didn't last long as I passed out on the couch...

Sunday started with me finishing up cleaning up from Saturday...Most of it was done, but my OCD had me straightening things up...Our guests were wonderful and helpful, but I'm slightly nuts about where things (in the kitchen and pantry) get put away...The wife took the kids swimming at the hotel her sister and nephew were at...Then, along with their parents and brother we all met for lunch before her sister left town....

The afternoon was lazy...We didn't do shit...Then we took the kids to a special screening of "Home Alone" on the big screen...The movie theater is doing Sunday screenings of old movies through December...And at first you'd think "Home Alone" wasn't old, but this year is it's 25th anniversary...The kids love the movie, and it has become a Christmas classic...They were excited to see it in the theater...

It was a great family weekend...It was great spending time with some great people, who we don't see enough...My wife's uncle said, he thinks these get-togethers will "happen more since we moved to here," and that we're "keeping some roots here"...I didn't think about it at first, but after everyone left I asked my wife, "How you feel being the roots?"  Erie was the launching pad for whole family...That comment made us feel even better about our decision to move here...

But as great as this weekend was, nothing was better then the phone call I got Friday morning...My Mom called...The hardest part of the move was moving away from my folks, especially since she has been going through Chemo...After 24 weeks of Chemo to treat Stage 4 Cancer, she was told to ring the bell...Her scans were all clear...No tumors anywhere...The doctor who had started this process talking about quality of life and trying to buy her a year or two, was blown away...

Because it's Stage 4 they will continue to keep a close eye on her, and are talking about some preventative treatment, but she sounded good...the best she has since April...She is planning on getting into some exercise group at the Y, for people recovering from Cancer...She was talking about getting stronger and being able to see the kids...12 weeks ago she was talking about being dead within a year and now her scans are all clear and she wants to get back to her old self...

So yeah, it was a great family weekend, and I can honestly say, I gave zero fucks about sports...

Have a week...

No comments: