Sunday, March 27, 2011

Monday Moaning


Well here we are again...My God Monday's come fast...Too fast! I guess sports wise, it's all about college sports this week...The NCAA Basketball Final Four is set...How many of you have a bracket that still has a chance? I didn't think so...Kentucky and UConn...And VCU and Butler...Who the hell had that!?! Well let me give my uneducated guess at this...I say it will be UConn and Butler in the Final, and UConn will win it...

Driving to work Saturday morning the local talk radio guys were crying about the big Ohio State loss to Kentucky...Conspiracy theories are saying they got a tougher bracket because Jim Tresel is a fuck-tard...Ummm, their first two games were against UTSA and George Mason...After looking at the brackets, and how they rolled those two teams...Their draw wasn't any tougher than the other #1 seeds...Quit crying Luckeye fans...They just got beat...Plain and simple...

Hell, I just saw that a rival Cleveland blogger...One who is always viewing things through rose colored glasses, is starting to show signs of excepting reality...She's_starting_to_break...

Saturday night while I was slinging the food at the Fish House, Notre Dame Alum, and Baltimore Raven, Tom Zbikowski was in the boxing ring again...He won his third professional fight in a 4 round unanimous decision, against Caleb Grummet, a former MMA fighter...Zbikoski was giving up 20 pounds to Grummet, and dominated the first three rounds...Grummet came back strong in the 4th round and worked Zbikowski hard against the ropes, but it wasn't enough to take the decision...

The NCAA Hockey Tourney was also taking place this weekend...I spent Friday night watching the games, and then again Saturday night after work...The baby and I had a couple bottles and caught up on the action...Sunday's games would set up Hockey's final for, which they gave the douchey title of, "The Frozen Four"...Here's the final four for Hockey...Minnesota Duluth will face Notre Dame...And Michigan will take on North Dakota...

Last week I predicted Boston College would take it all...Why not? They had guys on this team, including between the pipes that have won 2 titles already...But they got it handed to them Friday by Colorado College...I also was nervous about my Irish...Their Goalie seems to get caught out of position a lot...But Sunday night he stood on his head to help them to a 2-1 victory over New Hampshire....The Irish also have 12 Freshman in their lineup...The says a lot about Coach Jeff Jackson, not only as a coach, but also a recruiter...I hope they can pull it off!

So Saturday nights, when I'm driving home from the Fish House, I pop 98.5 WNCX on the radio...This is the "Classic Rock" station in Cleveland...I don't listen to it often...At this stage, there's only so much pink Floyd, and ACDC I'm willing to tolerate...But Saturday night they have this fat ass, "Mr. Classic" on the air with his "Saturday Night House Party"...He's got that scratchy, I smoke too much voice, and a quality burnout feel...

But the best part is the insane amount of burnouts that call in and request tunes...These dudes, and they're all dudes, sound between 40-60 years old, and they're sitting in their one bedroom, pounding Pabst Blue Ribbon with the bong on the coffee table, and the radio cranked..."Mr. Classic, man let me hear some Artful Dodger!"




Sweet Jesus, it's painful to listen to these ass-hats that contribute so much to society...But damn, it's funny too!

That's it for now...

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your Irish in the Frozen Four. I know that wasn't anticipated, but hey ... they earned it by winning!

I'm not a Buckeye fan ... but their loss actually makes me less of one because I hate Kentucky!

Will be interesting to see if NCAA has the balls to punish Buckeye football. Personally, I doubt it.