Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monday Moaning

My God I hate the Flyers! I hate Philly in general...Then of course there is the fact that I thought the Devils would end up in the Stanley Cup Finals...After losing to the Flyers Sunday night in OT, then the above gang bang took place, the Devils slipped behind 2-1 in the series...And these bastards from Philly have some serious momentum...Although sooner or later their shitty goaltending will show up again, and they'll get bounced...

If you aren't a Hockey fan, now is the time to check it out...The playoffs are exciting as hell, and you can expect the unexpected...(yeah, I just wrote that...Hey Bettman, give me a job in the PR department...Hell give me your job , you f**king hack!)

The other playoff series right now look like this...Phoenix leads Detroit 2-1...Pittsburgh Lead Ottawa 2-1...Screw the Pens! ...Nashville and Chicago are tied at one game each...As I write this San Jose and Colorado are also tied at 1-1, but are playing right now...Montreal and Washington are tied at 1 each, as are Boston and Buffalo...Those are looking like they may be a couple of tough series...And Vancouver and LA are tied at 1 game each...The fun has just started...So try and find Versus on you provider...(Bettman, F**k You! Pay Me!)

Moving on to a little Baseball...Yeah, I said Baseball...It's that fun time of year where the NHL playoffs are getting revved up, and Baseball as started their long ass marathon season...I get into Baseball early...But then lose interest when the NHL Finals near...By that time the Cleveland Indians are out it, and I'm saying Go Red Sox...Frighteningly, the Indians and their 6-6 record are doing better then the 4-8 Red Sox...

But the BIG Baseball news this week has got to be, Ubaldo Jimenez of the Colorado Rockies throwing the first no-hitter in franchise history...Jimenez threw 128 pitches in the feat against the Atlanta Braves, and is off to a great start...3-0 with a 1.29 ERA...

The Braves bounced back Sunday with a 4-3 victory over the Rockies, lead by rookie Jason Heyward...I don't normally get excited about the hyped up rookies...But this kid looks like the real deal...He's got great instincts...Tons of talent...And great patience at the plate for his age (20)...He's hitting .301 with 3 home runs and a .423 on-base percentage...Not a bad start.

Alright, enough of this sports stuff...I'm kinda of happy, yet a little sad to report, The Little Beeze was pretty damn well behaved again this week...He still has his moments where he puts up a fight about something stupid...But he's been really good...So Sunday I treated him to a bit of a reward...He loves going to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History...Dude loves the Dinosaur bones!

(Look at that b!tch wearing a Red Wings hoodie! I know the Cleve doesn't have a NHL team, but damn...Detroit!?!)

So after checking out The Dinos, and all the Planetarium, and all the other cool shit...It was gift shop time...He really loves that place too! He got a stuffed animal snake...A brother for the one he got last time...He also grabbed a pack of some toy animals...Then he though it would be a good idea to get something for his older sister...So he grabbed a set of 4 blank lizards that came with paint and brushes so, you can make then look really f**ked up...My daughter painted 1...The boy painted 3...And you'd think he was on acid when he did them...

Now, for those who may be wondering how my attempt at weight loss is going...It's going well...For those of you who don't know...The wife made a deal with me...If we drop 25 pounds, I get to pop her in the dirt star...

I'm leading the race...I'm down 15 pounds...And pushing her...We just brought the "AB Circle" into the mix, and she's diggin' that...

When I told her how much I had lost she said, "I like my fat hog." I replied, "You never have to worry about losing your fat hog!"

-
Now as I wind this down...Here's a random hot ass shot...Just 'cause!



Before I go..Last week I talked a bit about my inner geek...I saw this via twitter last week, and loved it...So I had to share it...




Have a great week...

Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

"McSpazz" said...

Great job on the weight loss Beeze. Sounds like the filling will commence very soon.

I'm down 10 pounds since starting the P90X 47 days ago. The program is very good as not only am I losing weight I am gaining nice definition and the revelation of some actual ab muscles.

Your Tribe is pounding my Sox like a dirty whore and I don't like it one bit. So much for Ozzie ball. At least I still have the Hawks to cling to as long as they can get past these pesty Predators.

I'm glad one of our sons can behave for some time, because Happy is all over the place and now he has himself a brand new lacrosse stick he carries everywhere and loves to slash me with. That always feels so good right across the back of the knees. Little son of a chip of the old block.

Have a good as week as possible.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! My husband and I decided to give up all processed food (mainly now I eat water and air) and I've lost 2 lbs. From giving up chocolate.

I miss chocolate. So delicious.

I'd comment on sports but I'm never around to see anything. Until there is competitive yoga I'll have to rely on you.