Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back from Vacation (part 2)



So here is the second chapter of my family's vacation to Martha's Vineyard...If you missed the first one...Stop, scroll down, read it, then come back to this one...There is one thing I forgot to mention in that post...Right before we left we got the news on what the next little Beeze will be...It's gonna be a girl...Now to chapter 2...

So I had talked about my 5 year old son's ability to swear, and quality comedic timing...Well once he saw he had an audience that enjoyed what he was saying, he was all in...Kid couldn't stop swearing...e started quoting lines from the Family Guy Star Wars, "Blue Harvest"...Yes, I let him watch it! Bitch, Son of a Bitch, kick your Ass, kiss my Ass were flying around a lot...There was one F*ck you, when he was playing a game on my niece's iPod touch...We tried to ignore it, and didn't here it again...Oh, and the iPod touch, great to keep the kids occupied for awhile, and he was a wiz with it...Guess what he wants for his birthday?

DAY 2

All day on the beach...sandwiches, beers, ocean, throwing the football around...Good stuff...Although I almost wrecked my knee...I was covering my 14 year nephew, my Brother-in-law throws him a pass...I try to stop on a dime, hard to do in sand, and jump for it...I had it timed perfectly...Except my knee said no, and just buckled...I walked it off, then we saw my saw pull a chair right up to the water...Kid is smart...We crabbed a couple chairs and a couple beers and followed...


The other highlight from the boy, after riding in on some big waves, on a boogie board, he gets up, picks up the board, and says, "BULLSHIT!" It was hilarious...Dude was talking shit to the ocean, and I loved it!


DAY 3

This was the first day that I got down on vacation...Another day on the beach...As I said in the first chapter, I'm not a beach person...But I try to deal with it, this is more about the kids, and the wife, and family, then it is about be me...I'm okay with that...So I'm on the beach, and I'm trying to read a book...Except, with my son, you always have to be on high alert...I've always been a worst case scenario guy, so I tend to get tense and stressed easily...It's hard to get through a chapter, let alone a couple pages, when you feel like you have to keep your head on a swivel...Always making sure he stays out of trouble...Plus there is this constant, "hey dad!" or "hey mom!" ...Both my kids talk, a lot...

But my niece and nephew were great...They spent tons of time playing with my kids, and keeping an eye on them...Watching my 14 year old nephew with my 5 year old son was amazing...By the end of the trip, they were inseparable, and funny as hell!

DAY 4

We headed in to the town of Oak Bluffs...We wanted to get the kids out of the sun for a day...On the way in, the little Beeze started getting car sick...Everyone headed to the arcade, while the boy and I hit the bathroom...He was on the shitter for 15 or 20 minutes, crapped his brains out...Then I carried up the street to meet up with everyone else...I saw a sign for a place called
SHARKY'S ...They also had a store...I pointed it out to him, and he got down and walked...I knew I was about to spend some money, but he had been feeling miserable, so if it picked him up a bit, I was in...We walk in the store, and it is a kid, shark lover, heaven...Shark f*cking everything! After about 20 minutes of checking everything out, he picked out a rubber toy, Great White Shark...

As we headed up the street to the arcade, he now had a little more pep in his step...He showed everyone his shark...Then he saw a "Terminator" video game and he wanted to play it...It had two guns...So I got $5 worth of tokens, and we dumped them all into that game...We were shooting the hell out of those bastards...When we were done, he said, "This is the best day ever!"
Sharks and pretending to shoot shit can make any bad day better...

That's all for now...Stay tuned...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beeze,
Just read all the vacation posts. Wow ... Little Beeze seemed to be on a roll - and to think that school is just a few weeks away!

Being that I haven't been around much (dang work seems to get in the way), just saw the news that #3 is on the way. Congratulations.

Hope all is well.