Friday, November 6, 2009

The Beeze Reviews The Bistro on Lincoln Park...Again


Yes, Mrs. Beeze, myself, and our friends May and Bryan stopped by the bistro last Friday for dinner...This was the second time for the Mrs. and I...The first time was great, and I hoped for the same this trip...Especially the end of the night...

Well, I'm gonna go a little Tarantino on ya, and skip to the end...Sadly, there was no road head...Bryan was driving the four of us...The girls who had split two bottles of wine were in the back...May, was ready for a nap...And well, I wasn't going down on Bryan...

Then we got home, paid the baby sitter, and rounded up Bryan and May's little girl...Then found out, our daughter was still awake...Sex was off the table now...If you missed it at the Beezewax a couple weeks ago, we woke up our daughter with one of our sessions...And by woke up, I mean scared the sh!t out of her...So the wife put me on lock-down...

So let's move onto the food...I started with the Autumn Bisque..."Puree of Butternut Squash, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms & Creme Fraiche" It was awesome! The Mrs. started with the Crab Cake...Without a doubt the best crab cake I have ever had...A friend compared ours at the Fish House to it, simply by saying The bistro's made ours look like dog food...He was right...This was the meatiest crab cake ever...Not a bunch of filler...Great!
May and Bryan ordered the Froie Gras...May had asked our server what it was like...She replied with, "It's deliciousness in your mouth." When may took her first bite, she said, "This is the best thing that's ever been in my mouth!" Sorry Bryan...She passed it around and it was amazing!

The next course Bryan and I both had the Bistro Salad..."Butter Lettuce, Indian Black Onion Seed Vinaigrette, Sunflower Seeds, 24 Hour Tomatoes, Watermelon Radish, Candy Onions." I loved it...I love butter lettuce, and the Vinaigrette was great...Very light and refreshing...May had Mushroom Bisque, which she passed around to all of us...Best Mshroom soup, I've had...And I make a pretty damn good one myself...

At this point I should tell you about May's order...It wa sthe evening before Halloween...They had a special "Treat" menu...3 Courses for $35...They also had a "Trick" menu...This was left up to Chef Pete Joyce...You got what he gave you...
Entree time...The wife and I both got a 16 ounce, French-cut, bone-in, ribeye (or cowboy steak)...served with house made Frites, that was on special...The steak was cooked perfectly...The frites are awesome...If you're at the Bistro and they don't have this on special, check out the Steak and Frites...It's a Hanger Steak with the frites, and it' so tender and delicious...Like a....Never mind...

Bryan got the Great Lakes Walleye..."Pan Roasted, Fingerling Potatoes, Smoked Bacon-Apple Hash & Sherry Beurre Blanc." He polished this off quickly, and was left wanting more...He felt the portion could have been bigger, but enjoyed it very much...
That brings us back to May...Her entree was Turkey, Brussel Sprouts and I forget the rest...It was at this point m wife felt bad...You see, May doesn't like turkey...But this turkey was different...It seemed like it was done the way you would do a nice piece of veal, for a Piccata or Marsala...It was topped with an apple cream sauce...And honestly, you could put the sauce on anything...It was great...She did it some, and enjoyed the flavors...
For dessert I had the Bistro Chocolate Cake..."handcrafted chocolate cake, whipped buttercream,fresh berries & warm chocolate ganache." WOW! A really good meal ends when most people are full...Not me...For me it ends when I hate myself...This dessert took me to that point...

The wife had the Pumpkin Cheesecake...Loved it...Bryan had the home made vanilla ice cream...And May had the Country Pear Tart..."Bosc pears, almond frangipane & honey almond ice cream."

The food was great again...The Atmosphere was great...Warm and inviting...The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy...

In Cleveland, We're always hearing and reading about Michael Symon...Not to be a d!ck, but he ain't the only game in town...If you're looking to spend an evening out, enjoying good food, drinks, and company...Stop by the Bistro on Lincoln Park... http://www.bistroonlincolnpark.com/

Later, The Beeze.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post!

aking said...

Thanks now I'm hungry and I can have Campbell's chicken noodle soup or Chef boyardee pizza. Now I am going to have to check it out because I have heard good things but it is always better coming from someone you trust.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

-A, thanks!

aking, MmmChef Boyardee!

It really is good...Great menu, with a good variety of stuff.

Unknown said...

have you been to Crop? I keep hearing how great it is, but haven't had a chance to do more than visit the wellness center upstairs...

Oh, and Lutz... I'm going there on Friday.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I've heard great things about Crop, and it looks great... http://cropbistro.com/

Let me know about Lutz

bdubsmitty said...

Damn Beeze -- that sounds like a good meal.

Have you ever been to Lola (Symon's joint)? I have it on my list of places to go if I ever venture up to the Cleve, and if you've been and know it sucks I would like to know so I can cross if off the list -- lol.

(I know this is late but I just got around to really reading this post.)

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I've been there...Overrated!!!

Yeah, I said it! People love the guy, but I know some people who have worked with him...He's a dick!

When he first opened Lola, the best thing on the menu was a herb chicken and mac & cheese...b!tch please!

I'm a bit of a dick about the guy, because there are so many awesome chefs in Cleveland, and he's teh only one who gets any pub.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Oh, plus my brother went to high school with him...He was a punk
b!tch then! LOL!