Monday, December 4, 2023

Getting In the Mood: Best Christmas Albums (vol. 5)

 


We are onto volume 5 and this one is all old standards done by some of the great crooners. You can thank my parents for this one, as this was one of my father's went to when decorating or wrapping presents. 

The Rat Pack: "Christmas With the Rat Pack"

Let's start at the beginning with Dean Martin and "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"




Next, we'll go to Sammy Davis Jr. and "Christmas Time All Over the World."




And you can't have The Rat Pack without "old blue eyes" himself. Here's Frank Sinatra with "The Christmas Waltz."




Of these guys, I'm a big Dean Martin fan, so we'll go with one more of his numbers..."I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm."




The album is all oldies and goodies. pour yourself a drink, kick back, relax and enjoy.


Track List:

1. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!  (Dean Martin)
2. Mistletoe and Holly  (Frank Sinatra)
3. Christmas Time All Over the World  (Sammy Davis Jr.)
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing  (Frank Sinatra)
5. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm  (Dean Martin)
6. The Christmas Waltz  (Frank Sinatra)
7. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer  (Dean Martin)
8. Jingle Bells  (Sammy Davis Jr)
9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas  (Frank Sinatra)
10. Baby, It's Cold Outside  (Dean Martin)
11. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear  (Frank Sinatra)
12. Winter Wonderland  (Dean Martin)
13. The Christmas Song  (Sammy Davis Jr)
14. The First Noel  (Frank Sinatra)
15. White Christmas  (Dean Martin)
16. I'll Be Home for Christmas (If Only In My Dreams)  {Frank Sinatra}

No comments: