Thursday, December 7, 2023

Getting In the Mood: Best Christmas Albums (vol. 7)

 


Well for volume 7 we are going back...Back to my youth, back to Cleveland, Ohio. The Singing Angels is a Cleveland youth choir that was formed in 1964. My parents had a Christmas album of theirs and every year while we opened presents, The Singing Angels were the soundtrack to our unwrapping. A few years back, while missing my mom, I started searching itunes for that album. I couldn't find the exact one, but I found a 2005 version with almost all the same songs. The Singing Angels always hit me in the feels.

The Singing Angels: Somewhere in My Memory

Here is the closing number on the Album, "We Wish You the Merriest."




Here is "One Little Candle."




Next, we have "Away in a Manger." My Catholic upbringing peaking through with this album.




We'll close with "Merry Christmas Darling." This one isn't on the updated album, but it's on that one I remember so fondly, and this is my blog so I can do what I want.




That concludes this trip down memory lane. If you enjoy any of this, checkout The Singing Angels. 


Track List:

1. The Most Wonderful Time of the Tear
2. Somewhere in My Memory
3. Jingle Bell Rock
4. Away in a Manger
5. Step into Christmas
6. God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
7. Sing for Hanukkah
8. A-Caroling We Go
9. We Need a Little Christmas
10. Feliz Navidad
11. One Little Candle
12. O Holy Night
13. We Wish You the Merriest

No comments: