Friday, October 9, 2015

The Weekly Hat-Trick




Welcome to the first installment of the Weekly Hat-Trick...Which if you don't get the Hat-trick reference, it means I'll be touching on three topics from each week...(a hat-trick is three goals)...Sad that I felt I needed to point that out, but in this day and age, people are becoming more and more clueless!


1. Fighting in Hockey...

The NHL season started Wednesday night, and Thursday morning, the overly soft, politically correct, gas-bag, talking heads were already at it...Yep, bitching about fighting in hockey...What get them the most riled up...This scrap, two seconds into the Vancouver and Calgary game...






Yeah, yeah, yeah...The game just started, what do they have to be pissed about...Ferland being a physical thorn in the side of the Canucks last season...Both teams started their physical guys to try to set a tone...Some people don't get that part of hockey...It's a physical game...Is fighting necessary?  Maybe not...Hockey is a beautiful game, that can be amazingly graceful while being controlled chaos at points...And I won't even give you all the pro-fighting bullet points about how it's good for the game...I'll just be blunt and honest...

I fucking like the fighting...I like a good hockey fight...Christ, when I was 6 my dad came home with boxing gloves and started teaching my brothers and I how to fight...And in my younger days when I was playing some younger-guy beer league hockey, I had a few fights...Some times a guy just needs to get punched...Shit, there were times guys felt the same about me...

Fighting in hockey = Good...Idiots on "Around the Horn" who know nothing about Hockey or Fighting, bad mouthing fighting in hockey = Bad

...



2. MLB Wild Game...

When MLB added the extra Wild Card, I wasn't sure I liked the idea...But I think it's truly helped the races, proven by the tight, down to the wire, playoff races this season...But then two Wild Card teams' future coming down to one game kinda sucks...All year teams play 3 and 4 game series...And the rest of the playoffs are best of...I'd like to see the Wild Card be at least a best of three series...

Seriously...After seeing the tempers flare in Pittsburgh between the Pirates and the Cubs, did one game seem like enough...I would of loved to see at least one more game with that much heat between two teams...

Yes, this would make the playoffs go even longer, and we'll be dealing with possible snow showers in the World Series....I'll solve that too...Shorten the regular season...I can drop 40 games easy...And what the hell, lets add some of those classic, old school double-headers....Those were the days!





3. Katie Nolan...

Our pal Uncle B.O.B. hit this topic yesterday...And Katie Nolan and her rant has some serious heat to it, so why not jump on that bandwagon and grab some more page-views!?! I'm a page-view whore!  Here is Katie Nolan's rant, in case you somehow missed it...





I agree with everything she said...Greg Hardy is everything that is wrong with the NFL...The NFL, Dallas Cowboys, and the douche-bags in the media who clearly support him being an asshole, also showed us how they are everything that is wrong with the NFL...They have all backed up my view of ignoring the NFL...After these events I am firmly planted in my stance...They'll get none of my time or money...

And all those bad mouthing Katie Nolan for being the rare voice in the media to call out the NFL, and media shills/douchebags...You can all eat a dick!


Feel free to share your thoughts on this week's Hat Trick!

No comments: