Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Moaning



It's Monday and the NHL Trade Deadline is fast approaching...and while some teams made minor moves last week, like the CRIPPLE_FOR_A_CRIPPLING_CONTRACT_TRADE,  but I expect some big activity Monday...Although my New York Rangers got started Sunday...Trading defenseman John Moore, very elite prospect, Anthony Duclair and a 1st and 2nd round draft picks to the Coyotes for the defenseman most teams would like to add, Keith Yandle, and defenseman Chris Summers, along with a 4th round draft pick...The Coyotes are also retaining 50% of Yandle's contract which has one more year left on it...

The Rangers then moved Lee Stempniak to Winnipeg for Carl Klingberg...As well as acquiring James Sheppard from San Jose for a 4th round pick...I expect to see San Jose dump a couple more players as it seems they are throwing in the towel on their playoff hopes...Unlike the Rangers who are all in, Cup or Bust...

Other trades that have taken place so far...

Washington added some more grit mixed with skill acquiring Curtis Glencross from Calgary for a 2nd and a 3rd'er...

Chicago landed another very talked about Coyote, Antoine Vermette for defenseman Klas Dahlbeck and a 1st round pick...The Blackhawks also landed Kimmo Timonen from Philly for and 2nd and 4th...

Florida overpaid New Jersey with a 2nd and 3rd for old man Jaromir Jagr...

Pittsburgh added some bulk with Daniel Winnik for a prospect a 2nd and a 4th...

-In other Hockey related news...Many Americans fell in love with watching T.J. Oshie in the Olympics...He plays the game well in all aspects...And he does some other cool stuff...Just watch!





We don't get to see enough of these stories in the sports world...We get far too many stories of domestic abuse, drug use, DUI's, assault, and other idiot shit....Hell, I've heard more about a tape that may exist involving Dez Bryant, in the last week, then I have about athletes doing good deeds in the last 6 months...So is the problem the athletes? the Media? Or our voyeuristic need to catch people doing bad shit?  Probably a combination of them all...

I know in my posts I hit on the negative more then the positive...So I'm going to start looking and searching some of these positive stories...

But that's after I do my Beatles Research...I saw this Sunday night after getting home from work...




I always blew off all the Beatles "Hidden Messages" stuff, but now I figure I'll be up until 3:00 AM digging into all of it...

That's it for now...

Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: