Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Moaning



This week, we're starting with a new lady to top Monday Monaing...A special request from a female reader...Viewers/Readers, I give you Melissa Debling...


She loves that little lip biting thing there...I don't blame her...I like it tooo!

Now, one would expect me to be going all Notre Dame is #1 crazy...But I handled that YESTERDAY...I'm thrilled about it...But they still need to beat USC who would love to spoil the Irish party....But this is some other excellant  Notre Dame news...The Fighting Irish Hockey team went to Michigan this weekend, and swept the series against the Wolverines...It was the first time Notre Dame has swept a series at Yost Arena since 1978...The Irish won the first game 3-1...Then they took the second game 4-1...It doesn't matter what sport, it's always nice to beat Michigan!

And for the time being, it looks like the only Hockey talk you're going to get out of me is College Hockey...If the NHL labor dispute wasn't bad enough, now commissioner Gary Bettman has suggested that the two sides take a two week break in talks...If the bullshit between owners and players wasn't bad enough, now the commish his going to hold up the mess even longer...I swear to God these assholes are trying to kill the game...Well boys, you may just succeed....

So my weekend, besides following college football and hockey, I spent getting ready for Thanksgiving...Yes, I'll be spending my day away from the kitchen at work, in the kitchen at home...After the grocery store Saturday morning, the menu was set...Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Colcannon, (an Irish masher with cabbage and scallions mixed in) Sweet Potatoes, Corn, and a Brussel Sprout-Corned Beef-Redskin Potato Hash...Apple Cobbler and Pumpkin Pie for dessert...

Sunday was time to clean...People are coming over, and these three kids make a mess...And I'm not any kind of neat freak either...Both the kids rooms got cleaned and organized...The big project was the basement room...Little Beeze has taken it over, and destroyed it....The amount of shit we found down there was unreal...We filled 5 garbage bags old toys...Broken toys...and other accumulated shit from over the years...If none of us were looking for it in the last 2 years, fuck it...Get rid of it...I also repainted a Monster shelving unit I built when we first moved in...This thing is made out of 2x8's...I wasn't screwing around...

Things were coming along well, when I went to throw in a load of laundry, and I was smelling gas...I got everyone out and started checking around...It only seemed to be leaking while the dryer was running...I called my uncle who works for the gas company...He stopped by...Found a valve where the leak was at...He tightened it up, and put my mind at ease that it wasn't anything that was going to make the house go "Vertical"...He's going  to be back in a day or so to replace some stuff...After that he had beer, and was having a blast with the kids...It was great seeing him play with the kids, and bust my oldest daughters chops about a boy she likes...It took me back to when I was kid, and he did the same thing with my brothers and me...He's that fun, goofy uncle, who one time decorated my family's Christmas tree with empty beer cans...We all laughed, while my mom just shook her head...I never thought I'd have a hint a grateful feeling after finding out I have a minor gas leak...

We did take few minutes to talk about the Browns...I had it on in the background...He said he planned on not wasting the time, but then he did anyways...The Browns were in Dallas and they lost 23-20 in overtime...ow As I look at this I wonder...Are the Browns getting better...Did they really push the Cowboys that hard...Or are the Cowboys this bad...The Browns sacked Romo 7 times...How much of that is on the Romo?  How much is on his O-line?  How much is on the Browns  D?  I just don't know...There are things I see from the Browns, mostly on defense...But I just don't know what to make of them...And everyone here in the Cleve expects Pat Shurmur to be fired after the season...While, I'm not totally opposed to that, I'm sick of this team constantly hitting the reset button...No matter what happens, I hope guys like Joe Hadden and TJ Ward stay here for awhile...I love how TJ hits...


Thanks WFNY...Some have already called this a helmet to helmet...No, that's a shoulder to facemask...There's a difference!

That's it for now...My laptop keeps freezing up, and screw it...I'm tired...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: