Friday, August 24, 2012

Lance Armstrong Throws in the Towel


In case you missed it, Lance Armstrong gave up his fight against the United States Anti-Doping Agency, and accusations that he not only used PEDS, but was also involved in a major blood doping ring, while he racked up his 7 straight Tour de France titles...

Giving up his fight, will automatically strip him of all his titles, his 2000 Olympic bronze medal, and any money and awards received from 1998 on...He will also be banned from competing, coaching and having any official role with any sport that follows the World Anti-Doping Code...

Armstrong continues to deny the allegations, and has referred to them as a "witch hunt"...But why would you give up the fight if you are innocent? Why would you be willing to have all you accolades stripped from you? Why would you stand by and have your reputation, and name dragged through the mud? Probably because there is a list of at least ten people willing to testify against him, including George Hincapie, one of the most respected U.S. riders, along with other teammates...

Honestly, I never really cared about Cycling...But I know I can't stand those stupid, 'Look at me' yellow bracelets...And while I never followed cycling, from things I've heard and read, I think the guy cheated...I also have gotten the impression, that a lot of people in that world don't like Armstrong...

You know what...The late, great George Carlin didn't like him either...That's good enough for me!




Later, The Beeze.

No comments: