Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday Moaning



Yep, just one week left of Summer for the kids, and then it's back to school...Actually, off to a new school for mine...Catholic School really dinged me last week, as I dropped $450 on uniforms for my two oldest kids...You'd think those damn skirts were made out of gold! And sadly for Little Beeze, I doubt his teacher looks like Miss Jones there up above...But the switch will be good for them...Better then the Hell hole they were at last year!

That said, we're going to start this week talking about a different Catholic School...The University of Notre Dame...By this point of the Summer, I have usually posted some Pre-season Notre Dame blogs...I also normally put out other College Football predictions, including my Heisman pick...Well, this year I've been slacking in that department...I'll be honest, I just haven't cared as much...Why? I don't know, I think the biggest reason has been my kids, As I touched on in what I wrote HERE Saturday...

Luckily, ESPN hires dolts like Rick Reilly, instead of guys like me...Reilly, an over-hyped columnist for years with SI, and now ESPN, like most douchebag columnists, hates bloggers like me...They think the world only needs their shitty opinion...They do the same thing as us bloggers, except they have a boss who gives them a deadline, and doesn't let them write words like fuck! Well Reilly, you can eat my ass!

Reilly posted a blog...Umm, I mean column, on ESPN.com...I'm not linking their shit...They don't get any free hits from me! Ricky boy was all up in arms about Notre Dame...Saying how he no longer loves Notre Dame football, because he "grew up." Did Ya!?!

Reilly is unhappy with the media coverage Notre Dame gets...Umm, look at your bosses assshole! He is unhappy that they have lost 10 of their last 12 bowl games, and 9 of their last 10 to USC...Us real fans aren't happy about that either...He is also salty that ND isn't in a conference for football...Anyone who has followed me, knows that I'm a loyal ND fan, and I have repeatedly said they should be in a conference...But I don't make the rules...Although, I should!

Rick Reilly put his foot down and wrote this...
"From now on:
• Notre Dame no longer gets its own television deal with NBC.

• Notre Dame no longer gets to be the only school in the country with an inexplicable seat at the BCS decisions-making table.

• Notre Dame no longer gets its yearly undeserved hellahype in preseason rankings and preseason All-America teams."



Well Rick...The NCAA and you have no power, or authority to tell NBC they can't pay Notre Dame boat loads of money to broadcast their football games...Nor would any other University say no to a major network putting that kind of cash in their pockets...

If the BCS is going to give Nd that seat at the "decision-making table," that's on them...It's the BCS' fault...Not Notre Dame's...And the reason they do give them that seat, is because as many people like you, are out there hating Notre Dame, there are plenty that love Notre Dame...Just ask the over 30,000 people from the U.S. who are traveling to Ireland to see Notre Dame play Navy there...ND fans travel well, and spend money...That's why they have the seat...Because all the NCAA and BCS care about is money...

And for the "yearly undeserved hellahype in preseason rankings and preseason All-America teams." Again, that's another thing you can't pin on Notre Dame...That's on you, your bosses, and all your buddies in the media...Notre Dame doesn't put out the AP poll...Notre Dame doesn't put out "Lindy's" pre-season magazine...Notre Dame doesn't write the "USA Today" or "Sports Illustrated" Polls...If you're pissed about about Notre Dame's standing in the sports media, then go on the air at ESPN and blast them, and the rest of the media...But you won't Rick...You're too much of a fucking coward!

And you don't like Notre Dame's standing with the NCAA and BCS...Take it up with them...I agree, ND should be in a conference...But if the NCAA isn't forcing them into a conference, and says it's okay to have their own TV deal, and the BCS wants ND's input, you can't blame Notre Dame for saying okay, and reaping the benefits...When ESPN threw money at you Rick Reilly, and sweet talked you, and gave you what you wanted, you said 'okay, see ya SI!' So why is not alright that Notre Dame says okay? Is this all because your Daddy issues Rick, and how it hurt him so much that he flunked out of Notre Dame? Or is it just because you're douche, and you needed something for your deadline?

Okay, I'm through with you Reilly...

-Saturday we were at our friend Brian an May's house for a cookout...Brian is a big Packers fan, being that he's from Wisconsin...He was waiting for me to bust his balls about the Browns beating the Packers this week in their pre-season game...Nope, not gonna happen...It's pre-season...Pre-season doesn't mean shit...The Browns only had to see Rodgers for what, 3 series...Sure there were some good things, but there were plenty of bad too...Especially the Packers lack of depth at QB...Okay, so I got one dig in...

-I hope everyone had good weekend...We worked in some quality park time Sunday morning/afternoon...It was a perfect day...Molly was rocking the swings, as usual...


Then I got some yard work done, and fired up the grill for some burgers and dogs...

-Just a quick ad here...All my pre-seaon college football crap, will be coming at you Friday...Better start doing my homework...Okay, Molly says it's time to go...


Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: