Sunday, April 10, 2011

Monday Moaning


So much to talk about and so little time...Where should we begin? How about the Cleveland Indians...They've won 7 games in a row...I can hear Robin now...'Holy Shit Batman!' Yes, it's big news here in the Cleve, yet Progressive Field was fucking empty for a 3 game stint with the Red Sox...Maybe people here have finally decided to hold their optimism back a bit...Thank God for that!

Speaking of the Cleve...Last week Charlie Sheen brought is stupid ass, Torpedo of Truth show to town...A couple friend went, one took video of the crowd chanting "7 gram rocks"...Of course Cleveland is the town that would support a serious crack problem...Sheen's show got mixed reviews here, but many of the people that went got hammered and enjoyed it...But as I write this I'm seeing the twitter feed of people who are at the show in New York...Or were at the show...Yes, it seems people in other towns aren't fans of his bullshit...So proud of this town again!

And since I mentioned the Red Sox series in Cleveland...I want to take a shot at the Red Sox front office...This past off-season I was annoyed when the Sox picked up David Ortiz's over-priced contract extension...Then resigned now stiff, aging catcher, Jason Varitek, and let Victor Martinez walk, banking on Jerrod Saltalamacchia to be their #1 catcher...How's that working dummies...Saltalamacchia has 4 hits in 8 games, and is getting really good at throwing balls over second and into the outfield...Dopes!

Since I just talked Indians and Red Sox, how can I not mention Manny Ramirez retiring...Yes, Man-Ram got busted juicing again, and instead of taking a 100 game suspension, and the league lecture about substance abuse program, Manny said the hell with it...People have always hated on Manny...Here, because he left and went to Boston...Everywhere, because he was a dope...He was a dope that was one of the best pure hitters ever...That's why I liked him, and I always defended him...Until he got busted...Then I felt about him, like I do about all the other cheaters...Fuck them all!

Now onto some Notre Dame news...First, the Fighting Irish hockey team took on Minnesota Duluth Thursday night, for a shot to play in the National Championship game...It was good, intense, hard-nosed game, but sadly the Irish lost 4-3...The next game featured Michigan and North Dakota...The Wolverines shutout the Fighting Sioux 2-0 to advance...Saturday night UMD beat Michigan in overtime, to take home their first Hockey National Championship...Congrats to all these teams on a great season...
I know I'm a Hockey Geek, but honestly, if you want to see some really good hockey, next year take in some College Games...These kids really know how to get after it...

In other Notre Dame news, The University announced that they won't be suspending WR Michael Floyd after his latest run-in with the law...He will also not be kept off the Football team...That said, Coach Brian Kelly is not lifting his "Indefinite Suspension" just yet...So while I'm disappointed in the University, I'm happy Kelly is holding firm...But we'll see how long that lasts...

Since I mentioned Hockey, I have to let out my sigh of relief, after seeing the New York Rangers squeaked into the playoffs...And it looks like while the wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, the Rangers will be opening up their series with the Washington Capitals...The Rangers have struggled to score, Lundqvist can steal some games...Hell his done it all year...

Now I want to get into some Music...Last week, thanks to Jay Mohr, and Opie, I took on a challenge the put out on the O&A show, and twitter...Your personal, Top 5 Beatles song...Why is it a challenge? Because the Beatles wrote so many great/popular songs...So, after much personal debate, here are my top 5...


#5 You've Got to Hide Your Love Away...




#4 Helter Skelter...




#3 I've Got a Feeling...




#2 Let it Be...




#1 While My Guitar Gently Weeps...




So now I challenge you...What are your top 5?

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pics on this series are always special!

Indians won't lose the rest of the year.

Unlike the many overtimes loss to BG Falcons in '84, at least overtime was good for UMD on this trip.